Finance Assistant (Consultancy)
IDLO IN MYANMAR
IDLO is working simultaneously to strengthen justice institutions to uphold the rule of law and protect human rights, while also improving access to local justice services. IDLO established a permanent presence in Myanmar in July 2013. IDLO provides technical assistance to strengthen the rule of law and access to justice and supports improvements in public legal awareness and empowerment.
IDLO currently works through 3 projects, with multiple donors, including the Rule of Law (ROL) Centers Projects which provide legal training on local issues, and public awareness raising on legal rights and responsibilities to civil society organizations, lawyers and communities. There are four Rule of Law Centres in Myanmar (Yangon, Mandalay, Myitkyina, and Taunggyi).
Under the supervision of the Finance Associate, and in close coordination with the Program Accountant at HQ, the Finance Assistant will support the financial management and reporting and carry out related administrative services effectively. In particular, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
- Provide finance support to the Program team and ensure process integrity;
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement, receipts and transfers.
- Maintaining internal controls over the receipts, disbursements and management of project resources, ensuring that all transactions are adequately authorized and properly supported.
- Support the Finance Associate to maintain an overall accounting system for the Country Office in line with IDLO guidance and procedures, including but not limited to processing invoices and payments, maintaining bank accounts and financial records, timely reimbursement of travel expenses to IDLO employees/experts; and project advances are cleared in time;
- Have a proper filing system maintaining up to date documentation of expenditures, vouchers, and related financial records.
- Assist and provide information for internal and external audit.
- Assist preparation of monthly financial report.
- Support Centre Administrators in the Rule of Law Centres in every financial matters, day to day finance operation and monthly reporting;
- Support the Finance Associate conducting cost estimates and budget proposals; carrying out regular spot checks assessing risks and quality of internal processes; monitoring and reviewing financial reports of the sub projects.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and experience
- Graduate degree in business, finance, or related field is required;
- Certified accounting qualifications such as LCCI level 3 or ACCA is highly preferred;
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in the field of accounting and financial management preferably within international organizations or public organization with donor-funded programs;
- Working knowledge of accounting software, MS Navision will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience of financial management and reporting skills;
- Significant experience with financial system management.
- Fluency in Myanmar and English is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies
- Substantive knowledge of budgeting for development cooperation;
- Experience in working with an international/interdisciplinary team;
- Competency with financial data systems and spreadsheet processes;
- Strong attention to details and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline driven environment;
- Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability to respond to queries and provide feedback in a timely manner;
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via ImpactPool.org at the following link https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/634792, by the 23rd of September 2020 at COB.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a consultancy contract initially for 3 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
This vacancy is open to Myanmar nationals or those residents with a valid working permit of the duty station.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application online and upload i) Cover letter ii) Updated CV.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Closing date: 23rd September 2020 at COB. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.