Organizational Unit: United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN OCHA)
Duty Station: Beirut
Date of Entry: ASAP
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the OCHA Head of office, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Pick up and drop off the staff during all working days and drive them on official trips in and outside of the city as directed by the direct supervisor and according to the security and transportation procedures of the UN/UNDP, ensuring safe and on time arrival of staff to the duty station/destinations and back as required;
- Remain flexible for traveling to outside of the city and working additional hours if required;
- Full compliance with implementation of all security measures for the passengers and the vehicle during all the trips regardless of the location, destination and distance of travel.
Ensures maintenance and keeping of the vehicle functionality at all times, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure proper maintenance of the vehicle, cleanliness, and regular checking of the vehicle parts, as described on the driver’s checklist;
- Maintain the vehicle logbook properly filled out with fleet information as well as invoices for fuel and maintenance of the vehicle and making sure it is signed by the authorizing officer;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and ready for use;
- Report immediately to direct supervisor of any accidents, mechanical failure occurring during a trip in or outside the city;
- Keep records use of vehicle daily mileage trips, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Use radio communication and carry out tasks as directed by the supervisor and shall remain vigilant and professional all the time;
- Provide other logistical and basic administrative support as required;
- Perform any other relevant duties as required.
Impact of Results:
- To ensure the smooth and on time provision of transport services and facilitate the successful implementation of the office activities
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Good Interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Willing to work on shifts including some nights, weekends and official holiday duty;
- Pleasant personality, clean and well groomed;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues and time management;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored with constructive attitude even under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School graduate. Valid Driving license.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver; good knowledge of Beirut area; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Experience in driving various types of vehicles;
- Proficiency in completing routing documents, forms, logs and etc.
- Good Knowledge of English and Arabic is a requirement
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
UNDP strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position.
UNDP seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities, and that staff members are able to keep an appropriate balance between work and private life.
Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.