ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews is seeking a Project Coordinator for a USAID-funded media support project in Tunisia. The Project Coordinator will assist the implementation on the ground, including but not limited to coordination with the local media outlets, journalists, local partners, providing logistical support for trainings and conferences, and providing support for donor reporting. The Project Coordinator will report to the Senior Program Officer.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION include:
- Assist HQ team and Senior Advisor with the general oversight of the project, including project management, strategic vision, budget management, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partner;
- Arrange and facilitate all logistics involved in the setting up and running of trainings such as preparation of facilities, venues and equipment (e.g., microphones, laptops, recorders, USBs, etc);
- Collect travel receipts and manage expenses/accounting for participants;
- Attend and assist in facilitation of project trainings and other relevant program activities - both offline and online;
- Communicate with media beneficiaries about trainings and other program activities;
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluating Officer on the progress of participants in training workshops and measuring their output after training;
- Maintain and update the work plan of the activities;
- Manage Internews consultants providing technical assistance and mentorship to local media partners;
- With support from the HQ and the Senior Advisor, coordinate partner/training participants’ travel, including airfare and hotel arrangements, vetting, and etc.;
- Assist in establishing and managing strong partnerships with appropriate partners in country.;
- Report regularly to supervisor on all Internews activities in execution;
- Participate in stakeholder meetings as requested;
- Assist in programmatic development and project support for future programs;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work and reside in Tunis;
- Proven experience with project management/coordination and/or relevant advanced degree;
- Familiarity with the development sector in Tunisia, and previous experience working with media outlets and journalists in the country;
- Ability to multi-task and flexible with changing business needs;
- Solution-oriented, pro-active problem solver;
- Excellent English language (spoken and written) and communication skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, good time management;
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse colleagues in different time zones;
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills required;
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities;
- Fluency in English, good command of Arabic (written and spoken) and French.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
To apply, please visit our website: