Fundraising Telemarketing Consultant - short-term, open for Bulgarian nationals only
UNICEF is seeking a consultant to provide telemarketing services for donor stewardship. The objective of the assignment is to contribute to the successful implementation of the individual giving and nurturing strategy, and to strengthen individual donors’ engagement and retention through telemarketing activities.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, childhood.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is seeking a Consultant to provide telemarketing services for donor stewardship. The objective of the assignment is to contribute to the successful implementation of the individual giving and nurturing strategy, and to strengthen individual donors’ engagement and retention through telemarketing activities.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the planned integrated fundraising campaigns and events for acquisition of new monthly donors through telemarketing activities.
- Support the successful implementation of the supporters’ engagement plan to increase donor loyalty, retention and maximise donor value.
- Contact one-off private individual donors by telephone in order to solicit monthly donations (conversion calls).
- Conduct welcome and thank you calls to new individual monthly donors to check the accuracy of the data, get feedback regarding to the conversation the donor had with the fundraiser in the street and improve retention.
- Contact active monthly supporters to upgrade their monthly gift.
- Conduct reactivation calls to lapsed pledge donors to renew stopped/closed donations.
- Perform other type of calls upon request as part of fundraising campaigns and events.
- Provide feedback to telemarketing scripts and recommendations to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
- Verify and collect donor data if needed such as name, e-mail and other information and accurately enter it into donor data base, in the format provided by UNICEF.
- Ensure that procedures and quality assurance are in place both in terms of quality of interaction and in terms of data collection and maintenance.
- Ensure data confidentiality and security.
- Provide regular reports on the results of the activities, including feedback from donors and personal data collected.
The assignment will be conducted for initial period of three months (November 2020 – January 2021) with possibility for extension upon satisfactory work performance and planned fundraising activities.
The Consultants will work remotely and will have flexible working arrangement a minimum of 10 working days per month.
Full details of the work assignment are available in the attached Terms of Reference: TOR Fundraising Telemarketing Consultant 2020.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have….
- Secondary education.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and values;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel in particular);
- Previous professional work experience as telemarketing agent and customer service would be an asset;
- Fluency in Bulgarian language is a fundamental requirement.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.