National Consultant Climate Change, Water and Agriculture Data Collection and Proposal Writing
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
FAO-Benin with the support of FAO-Regional Office and FAO-HQ has been formulating the "Ouéme Climate resilient Initiative (OCRI)". The Project Proposal is still under development and needs to be finalized before submission to the Green Climate Fund. Actually additional data would be collected if needed, the different studies carried out so far have to be linked to the Feasibility Study and the different annexes. As whole all the related documentations and studies need to be consolidated into single documents.
The entire project development is under the responsibility of DIBcoop.
The Consultant reports to the Benin FAO Representative ad interim.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Discuss on a weekly basis the steps to be taken with the Project Team Leader (PTL) to finalise the proposal as soon as possible.
- Consolidate the existing studies and field visit documents into concise sub-studies; either in a study document that the Feasibility Study refers to, or directly into the Feasibility Study document. Sub-studies that need consolidation in any event are: Profiles of Upper and Middle Ouémé; Feasibility of Resilient Agriculture and Agroforestry Value Chains, Feasibility of Water Works; including target acreages and budgets.
- If existing information is incomplete, collect additional information from national statistics, markets, literature, or other sources, insofar this informs the Feasibility Study or other annexes;
- In separate study documents: prepare summaries that can be cut-and-pasted into the Feasibility Study;
- Suggest or comment on proposed Project Activities, Benchmarks, Monitoring Protocol, Budget, as per the request of the PTL.
- Support the PTL with finalising all documents the formulation team must deliver.
Deliverables of the assignment are:
- Regular discussion of progress with the PTL, and with FAO until the Funding Proposal is finalised for submission
- Consolidated documents of: Profiles of Upper and Middle Ouémé; Feasibility of Resilient Agriculture and Agroforestry Value Chains; Climate impact on production of major trees and crops in Climate Change Conditions; Feasibility of Water Works; including target acreages and assist in establishment of budgets; M&E Plan. Example ToRs are attached.
- Thorough review of the consolidated Feasibility Study document and annexes, as prepared by the PTL team
- Assist in any other work to finalise the study, as per agreement between the Consultant and PTL
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Education and/or capability of the consultant are: MSc or higher education in Agronomy, Water Management, Climate Change, Forestry, Rural economics, or similar
- At least 10 years’ experience in projects development on Climate Change adaptation, water works, and/or rural value chains
- Working knowledge of both English and French; deliverables in both languages are acceptable.
- National of Benin or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Intimate knowledge of the project area
- Excellent writing and documentation skills, including information collection skills
- Ability to work in an international team
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.