Beirut - Programme Assistant (SC5) - CBT (Validation)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
This vacancy Announcement will close on 01 October 2020 at 11:59, Rome Time
-This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates ONLY.
-Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
-Only shortlisted applicants will be conducted.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Lebanon, WFP works to support approximately 700,000 people with regular assistance using e-cards. WFP also supports Lebanese schools with school meals and has run over 300 development activities which include supporting rural infrastructure, as well as education and training opportunities for vulnerable individuals in families. WFP also supports Lebanon’s National Poverty Targeting Programme.
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video:
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Within delegated authority and under direct supervision of the Cash Based Transfers (CBT) Programme Policy Officer and overall supervision of the Head of CBT, the programme assistant’s main accountabilities and responsibilities will be in charge for coordinating the monthly activities of the validation cycles with WFP units, UNHCR, and Service provider, which involve the following:
• Act as a focal point for the validation exercise activities including:
- Generate quarterly validation pool and apply priorities;
- Coordinate with UNHCR to ensure validation pool available in validation servers and to avoid any duplication;
- Monitor validation progress, identify any technical interruptions and follow up with relevant stakeholders for resolution;
- Run weekly allocation of beneficiaries to validation sites using existing systems;
- Maintain a list of active validation sites, collect and consolidate updated information coming from WFP’s partners and internal teams and identify coverage gaps with Field Offices;
- Ensure the results of the validation are reflected and implemented on a monthly basis;
- Ensure the processes are in line with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in place;
- Liaise on all the above with Field Offices, Country Office units and Service Provider as required in a timely manner;
• Support in resolution of general and daily prepaid card operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
• Generate monthly and quarterly validation report, including a narrative;
• Generate weekly validation failure report and share with relevant units and stakeholders;
• Generate weekly report of validated cases and cases not to be invited.
• Track monthly distributions conducted by Field Offices for the Lebanon One Unified Inter- Organizational System for e-cards (LOUISE) agencies; including plans, tracking of cards/PINs distributions and keeping record of the monthly distribution reports as received by the FOs;
• Assist in drafting/updating SOPs for each activity related to the CBT Unit;
• Keep all records and documents up-to-date and archived in a safe place;
• Attend meetings and draft the “minutes of meeting”; follow up on action points with colleagues to ensure the unit is reacting timely and respecting timelines;
• Support and back up the CBT programme Associate/Assistant whenever it is required;
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Secondary School Education. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information systems, statistics, economics or other relevant field is a plus.
Experience: At least four (4) years of progressively responsible work experience including: data analysis and visualization, statistics and reporting.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Experience in coordinating with third parties.
• hands-on experience in using Databases (such as Access and SQL), Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Knowledge of WFP activities and procedures in the country is an advantage.