Information Management Officer - UNOCHA
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Information Management Unit with overall direction of the Head of OCHA and working as an integral part of the organization’s team, the incumbent will be ensuring maximum professionalism and adding capacity in supporting the mandate of OCHA in the area of Information Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, compile, clean, organize, analyze and report various primary and secondary data from various sources;
- Liaise with field hubs in Yemen and Amman hub to establish and maintain information flows for core products and services;
- Identify the information requirements of humanitarian community and partners to make recommendations on their needs in the development of information products and services;
- Manage in-country information management team including collaborative partnerships in line with strategy outlined for the OCHA operation;
- Maintain data and information sharing relationships with partners;
- Maintain comprehensive operational information products, including contact details, 3W, meeting schedules among others;
- Support the Needs Assessment exercises and monitoring activities;
- Liaise with cluster IM focal points on data sharing and standards;
- Support and organize the Information Management Working Group meetings;
- Support with relevant partners and stakeholders to promote information sharing and coordination;
- Support the development of strategies and mechanisms for data and information flow;
- Any other duties as requested and assigned by the supervisor.
- Demonstrates commitment to OCHA’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays integrity, professionalism and respect for diversity.
- Ability to perform a broad range of program coordination activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of coordination mechanisms and information management;
- Solid problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work with accuracy under time constrains and pressure in a stressful environment;
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully and to have high sense of confidentially, initiative and good judgment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Positive and constructive attitude;
- Facilitate communication with all individuals regardless of gender, national and cultural background.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment and respects diversity;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and shares knowledge to achieve organizational objectives.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjust priorities as required;
- Ability to plan own work and use time efficiently, manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, geographic information systems, graphic design or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience in information management with a Master degree or four (4) years of experience with a Bachelor degree.
- Relevant experience in working with an UN agency or other humanitarian agency is desirable.
- Experience in the area of emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, humanitarian/development environment, field coordination is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.