Fish4ACP International Specialist (Fish and Aquaculture)
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The International Specialist (Fish and Aquaculture) reports to the FiISH4ACP Chief Technical Advisor and will work in one or more country-value chain teams led by an international value chain analysis team leader. When activities are carried out in participating member countries, applicants will be required to work in close collaboration with the FAO Representation in the relevant country of assignment, as well as the relevant FAO regional and/or sub-regional office.
Sustainable value chain development for fisheries and aquaculture.
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced degree in agribusiness, fisheries and aquaculture, food science/technology, food industries, international development studies, or a related field.
- At least 12 years (for level A) of relevant experience in value chain, economic and/or fisheries/aquaculture development.
- Working knowledge of English as well as limited knowledge of French or Spanish.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential
- Extent and relevance of experience in value chain development
- Extent and relevance of experience in capture fisheries and/or aquaculture value chains
- Extent and relevance of experience in the Africa, Caribbean and Pacific region is a plus
- Ability to plan and organize own work, deliver results and meet deadlines
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documents in English and/or French and Spanish
- Ability to effectively lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Portuguese would be an asset
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency