Job Profiles: Administrative/Operations
Programme (Needs Assessment, Cash, Programme
Development, Monitoring and Evaluation)
FAO country offices, headed by an FAO Representative, are assisting governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition. They help Countries develop their agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Staff members (Professional, NPOs and General Service) deployed for surge support report to the FAO Representative.
Surge support in the areas of administration, operations, programme, finance and procurement.
Expertise to support the planning, development and implementation of programmes, projects, products and services in accordance with FAO Strategic Objectives.
• Interested employees will be required to discuss upfront with their managers, who are encouraged to release employees to support.
• Support deployments are considered for staff members already in service of the Organization, located at HQs and in countries less affected by the pandemic.
• Applications will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile (see “How to Apply”). We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills.
• Selected candidates will receive a notification and from that moment they might be called for a surge support at any given time between October 2020 and March 2021, and in line with the duration of their contract.
• Surge support can be provided remotely (through teleworking) or in person, depending on the needs and COVID-19 restrictions. For in person missions, medical and travel restrictions may apply, as per COVID-19 guidance
• Selected candidates will be released of their function for a period not exceeding two months, after which they return to their normal functions.
• Support does not carry any expectation of conversion to another type of appointment.
• Candidates deployed will add the surge support as a separate objective in PEMS, and the supervisor of the surge assignment will be added as an ‘Additional Supervisor’ in the PEMS Year-End Appraisal phase. As such, this valuable experience will be documented in the performance evaluation of staff members.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Experience in the areas of administration, operations, programme, finance and procurement.
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field locations, is desirable.