Supply Chain Manager
Background/IRC Summary: The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February, 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri and Monguno of Borno State and Damatru of Yobe State. Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of the supply chain function for IRC Yobe in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. The positon will direct supervision to Procurement, warehouse and fleet officers and in Yobe. Key responsibilities include procurement management, inventory and warehousing management, assets and properties management and vehicle & transport management. The position would report to the Borno Office Field Coordinator with dotted line of reporting to the Senior Area Manager and will work closely and receive technical support from the Supply Chain Coordinator.
Program Management, Technical Quality, and Strategy:
- Be accountable for periodic circle count as per the standard operating procedure to ensure that stock management system is adhered to by the warehouse officers and storekeepers.
- Lead in conducting fiscal year end stock inventories and ensure that effective stock inventory report is produced.
- Assist programs to establish and implement a reliable stock distribution plan to avoid closed grant or expired items in the warehouses.
- Provide on-going training to Field Warehouse Officers and Storekeepers in their relevant functions and reporting.
- Oversee warehouse operations throughout Yobe office (with particular emphasis on medical and pharmaceutical stores) ensuring proper stock-keeping records, storage conditions, security and facility maintenance
- Provide cross training to Health Program Managers on IRC warehouse and drug supply chain procedures to enable Health Program monitoring and spot checking of warehouses
- Train warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, dispatching and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Finalize monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- Ensure donor reports for stock are complete and submitted to the Grants Department on time as per donor requirement.
- Maintain records/authorizations for warehouse staff designated to receive and dispatch goods.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure proper tracking, maintenance, and recording of all IRC assets in Yobe offices, which will lead to an accurate asset database at all times.
- Ensure that each staff member is accountable for every asset assigned to them through the use of the Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Define and implement maintenance systems and procedures for assets, including training of staff and follow-up.
- Ensure quarterly physical check of assets and submission of asset reports to field coordinator and supply chain coordinator for review.
- Ensure donor reports for assets are complete and submitted to the Grants Department on time as per donor requirement.
- Ensure disposal of assets is reviewed and implemented on an annually as per IRC and donor requirements regulations.
Fleet and Transport Management:
- Oversee the management of the transport fleet for IRC Yobe offices. Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with Program teams and Field Coordinator/Manager.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage and Spares Expenditures by vehicle for review, general reporting and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Ensure management, tracking, maintenance and reporting of all IRC vehicles according to IRC policy.
- Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Well organized and analytical
- Able to work well in a team and to undertake assigned tasks independently
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to:Senior Area Manager and Supply Chain Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Procurement Officer and Supply Chain Officer
Indirect Reporting: Senior Area Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Country Program: Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Coordinator, Transport, Maintenance, warehouse and asset team, Operation team, SAMS and program Leads.
Region/Global: RSCD, GSC team
State-level logistics clusters and Local government authorities.