OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMECountry Management Support Units have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESThe incumbent oversees a team performing functions on the basis of the end-to-end process as designed in GSM. He/She coordinates different areas of activities such as Cash management and payments, Programme Management, Procurement, Assets and inventories management, Travel and Meetings Management, Human Resources Management, and Workplan/Award Management.Supports technical staff in providing financial reports to donors ; Liaises with technical staff in ensuring the timely and accurate reporting by Ministry of Health and other Government partners, on funds advanced under the Direct Financial Cooperation mechanism. Coordinates with technical staff on reports on funds advanced to implement programme activities under the Direct Implementation mechanism Prepares regular management reports on implementation of WCO workplans including contribution to the preparation of statutory reports and acts as focal point for internal and external audits.
EducationEssential: University First degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management or related field or Public Health.
Desirable: Advanced University degree (Master's) in a relevant field (as identified above). Professional certification in accounting (CA, CPA, etc.).
ExperienceEssential: At least 2 years of professional experience with an emphasis on programme management, finance, budgeting, Human Resources Management, Procurement and/or Travel.
Desirable: Good knowledge of WHO programme management and end-to-end business processes as designed in the Global Management System; Experience in project management, ideally in the UN System and/or a public health context; Good knowledge of GSM System or similar ERP Systems; Experience with staff training in the use of management information systems.
Skills-->Good knowledge of WHO Results-Based Management framework and related business processes. --> Knowledge of Oracle projects and Oracle Financials or similar ERP applications and systems. --> Sound knowledge of the Organization's policies and practices, as well as project management principles and their application within WHO;--> Ability to act independently and exercise sound judgement;--> High level of organizational and analytical ability, combined with good oral and written communication skills;--> Proven ability to maintain and establish excellent interpersonal working relations and to work with competing priorities under pressure
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Driving the Organization's Position in Health Leadership
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language SkillsEssential:
REMUNERATIONRemuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at ERN 340,081 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.