Q U A N T I T A T I V E R E S E A R C H E R
C O M P A N Y D E S C R I P T I O N
Outline India is a research firm focusing on data collection and geared towards evidence-based decision making. We are committed to strengthening the design of programs and interventions by conducting needs assessments, formative research, and monitoring and evaluation studies. Outline India focuses on catalyzing the work of academics, think tanks, corporate social responsibility arms, not for profits, funders and the Indian Government. In the last six years, we have worked on over 100 evaluations in 26 states and union territories, over 8000+ villages, representing 4.5 million stakeholders from diverse backgrounds, settings, and sectors, with the aim to include their needs, opinions, and views to draft and inform the work of our partners and policymakers in a better way. We have recently commenced operations in Nepal.
Outline India has recently launched a tech platform and application - Track your Metrics (TYM) that hopes to automate social assessments. TYM has a massive and evolving survey bank, with surveys linked to indicators.
We are looking for someone who is interested in working with a young and growing social enterprise and is keen on contributing to its growth within the development/social sector space.
OPPORTUNITY: Full Time
Reporting and working closely with the team at Outline India, the quantitative researcher will be engaging primarily in enforcing quantitative methodologies and implementing survey tools on digital platforms, training field teams and ensuring field surveys are planned and implemented in a structured manner.
• Secondary research and sampling for proposals.
• Planning and budgeting for field surveys.
Fieldwork planning and execution:
• Developing, coding and deploying of survey tools using CAPI programs like Survey CTO.
• Review of survey tools received from client and translation of the same.
• Assist the research team in developing training material for the field team.
I. Travel to field for the purpose of training and monitoring fieldwork (on hold during covid19).
II. Training field team on the usage of CAPI on tablets (virtual during covid19).
• Coordination with the field team to ensure quality data checks.
Data checks and analysis:
• Management and monitoring of datasets on a regular basis.
I. Oversee daily data collection activities and ensure adherence to data quality protocols
• Data cleaning
• Quantitative analysis and visualization
• Assist in writing reports.
• Strong knowledge of quantitative methods of data collection and the ability to analyse data.
• Experience of working with STATA is mandatory.
• Familiarity with Quantitative software packages (e.g. SPSS, R).
• Master's Degree in Economics or a related field.
• Fluency in English and Hindi (knowledge of any other regional language will be valuable).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience in using digital data collection platforms and in cleaning datasets
• 2 years (And upwards) of experience in quantitative studies.
• Candidates having prior fieldwork experience will be given preference.
• Professional experience in M&E in project-based settings.
• Experience of working with National/ International NGOs/ UN Bodies/Government/start-ups will be valued.
Based on Experience
10 minutes from HUDA City Center Metro Station – Sushant Lok -1, Gurgaon
Interested candidates are required to send in their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the subject line.
Also share the below mentioned details:
• Current Location
• Preferred Location
• Required Notice Period
• Current CTC
• Expected CTC
• Total years of relevant experience
• What are the sectors you have worked in?
• Have you written proposals against ToRs before? If yes, for which sectors?
• How many years of research experience (primarily quantitative research) do you have?
•Are you comfortable in writing research methodology, sample calculation, etc.?