Danish Speaking Communications Intern
UNDP works to support government achieve the Sustainable Development Goals with a focus on eradication of poverty, accountable governance, crisis prevention and climate action. Read more here: www.undp.org and www.dk.undp.org.
UNDP's Nordic Office is located in the UN City in Copenhagen with satellite offices in Sweden, Norway and Finland. Together we work to strengthen the Nordic countries' commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals, promote awareness of UNDP's mandate, work and results and strengthen the partnership with the Nordic member states.
The office in Copenhagen consists of five employees plus project staff and interns. We have a professional and informal work environment and can offer plenty of challenges and sparring - also with other UN organizations, which are located in the UN City.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an intern, you will be given fixed assignments, but as we are a small and busy office, you must be comfortable taking on a variety of assignments and be prepared to contribute where and when needed.
- Help to promote awareness of UNDP's mandate, work, and results
- Update and develop the Danish website www.dk.undp.org
- Distribute regular updates on UNDP's social media platforms, especially Twitter and Facebook
- Monitor Danish media on issues related to the work and mandate of UNDP
- Translate and distribute news, press releases and stories from English to Danish and vice versa
- Assist in preparing and coordinating launches of UNDP reports and other public events and missions
- Contribute to briefings related to missions and visits
- Various ad hoc tasks
- Excellent communications skills in English and Danish
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, global development and the work of international organisations.
- Good social media skills; knowledge of web publication tools and photo editing tools is an advantage.
- Team player; works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Knowledge of the UN/UNDP and commitment to UN mission and UNDP mandate is an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluency in spoken and written Danish and English is required.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
Interested individual consultants must include the following documents when submitting the applications in UNDP job shop (Please note that only 1 (one) file can be uploaded therefore please include all documents in one file):
- Updated CV as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment.