Private Sector Intern
UNDP works globally with preventing poverty, the Post-2015 agenda, responsible governance, crisis prevention and recovery, climate and access to energy. UNDP’s Nordic Representation Office (NRO) is located at the UN City in Copenhagen. Aside from Denmark, the office covers Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland, and together we work to promote knowledge of UNDP’s work in these central donor countries. The key tasks for the NRO is to manage UNDP’s interests and to communicate the organization’s key results and focus areas.
UNDP’s cooperation with the private sector is a significant component of NRO’s work. The Private Sector/SDG Accelerator Team consists of a few employees and one intern in Copenhagen, and an additional three employees working out of Sweden, Norway and Finland respectively. The team works strategically to build up partnerships with companies, financial institutions, business networks and other actors who want to work towards reaching UNDP’s goals and the SDGs. In January 2018 the office launched the SDG Accelerator for SMEs, a programme aimed at accelerating business solutions with the SDGs. The programme was piloted in Denmark in 2018 and 2019 with 32 Danish companies. Although the pilot was officially finalized in early 2020, the team is now heavily involved in the global rollout of the programme. UNDP country offices and other actors around the world have shown great interest in the SDG Accelerator for SMEs and several are already in the process of implementation. Some of the Private Sector Team’s work now consists of supporting and supervising these processes. Furthermore, the team has launched a Maritime SDG Accelerator and a Fintech SDG Accelerator and implementation of these programmes take place in 2021. Fundraising is also part of the activities carried out by the SDG Accelerator team.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an intern who can contribute to the office’s daily work. Since we are a small office with a broad mandate, the intern must be comfortable taking on a variety of assignments and not be afraid of new challenges. Typical tasks might include the following:
- Research on potential partners, markets and funding opportunities
- Support the coordination and handling of private sector partnerships
- Support the global rollout of the SDG Accelerator programme and fundraising activities
- Participate in relevant public hearings, debates, events and workshops
- Support the planning and execution of events
- Draft and translate letters, presentations, concept notes and other texts
- Take minutes at meetings
- Calendar management
- Social media outreach and website maintenance
- Various ad hoc tasks
- Strong interest for sustainable development and the private sector’s role in this.
- Excellent communications skills in English and a Scandinavian language (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish).
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, global development and the work of international organisations.
- Team player; works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Knowledge of the UN/UNDP and commitment to UN mission and UNDP mandate is an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
Interested individual consultants must include the following documents when submitting the applications in UNDP job shop (Please note that only 1 (one) file can be uploaded therefore please include all documents in one file):