Psychologist Consultant for mental health services, Children and their Caregivers
The Consultant, psychologist for mental health services, and for children with their caregiverswill support in providing clinical supervision of high risk cases mainly under the case management component of Ministry of Social Affairs as needed.. The psychologist will conduct, remote (through phone calls or WhatsApp) or face to face, one on one and group sessions for children exposed to high risks, vulnerabilities and distress due to COVID-19, Beirut explosion and any other trauma event.
The psychologist will support in providing clinical supervision of high risk cases mainly under Ministry of Social Affairs case management component in Mount Lebanon and Beirut. The psychologist will conduct one on one and group sessions for children exposed to high risks and vulnerabilities. Also, the psychologist will also support in building the capacity of field staff on how to deal with children with challenging behaviors and how to handle stressful situations ensuring that programs are meeting CP minimum standards and that staff are best placed to provide these specialized sessions with children.
Major Responsibilities: Major responsibilities of the Consultant Psychologist are listed below:
- Conduct one on one and group sessions for all children including street and working children and children with disabilities with their caregivers who are exposed to high risks vulnerabilities through field and home visits
- Submit reports and updates to managers of programs after every workshop or field visit conducted including feedback, concerns, and recommendations
- Provide ongoing coaching to team members in order to support their capacity to deal with children with challenging behaviors
- Provide emergency consultation for children at risk served by the national system and Ministry of Social Affairs
- Provide psychological support and staff care in one to one or group session for MOSA staff.
- Sessions for staff dealing with high case load of high-risk child protection cases, will allow them to overcome their daily stress and burnout at work.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:
National coordinator - juvenile division of Ministry of Social Affairs Position directly supervises:Technical supervision of all MOSA facilitators providing PSS Sessions and Case management services in MNTL and Beirut.
Consultant has to be willing to travel to, Mount Lebanon and Beirut and work on the street;
Other Internal and/or external contacts: MHPSS Technical Advisor