Contracts Management Assistant
Goma (Congo Democratic)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Contract Management Officer (CMO) the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure that Contractors and UN comply with their obligations under the terms of the Contract.
- Prepare and draft the quarterly Contractor performance reports for the Contract Management Officer, UNHQ/Procurement Division, requisitioners and vendors.
- Day to day monitor the compliance with all operations of system contracts and procedure under assigned Contract Management Unit.
- Record and archive, in soft and hard copy, all correspondences and supporting documents related to contract functioning.
- Support the monitoring and analysis of contractual performance to ensure compliance with contract terms, schedules and cost objectives.
- Create and maintain databases related to the contract functioning and provide related data whenever required by stakeholders and auditors.
- Timely dispatch of periodicals reports regarding the periodic performance review meeting and Contractor performance evaluation.
- Support the Mission Technical Sections and Procurement Section in the acquisition process through the review and clearance of SOWs/SORs/TORs, development and finalization of technical evaluation criteria, participation in the evaluation of Bidders’ technical proposals and guidance during Contract formulation, drafting and negotiation;
Efficient review of incoming requirements for support provided by the current contract arrangements and ensure they are aligned to the contract provisions.
Provide interpretation of contractual provisions and coordinate with counterpart sections/units, UNHQ for interpretation of any identified contradictions.
Develop SOPs and guidelines to clarify processes, roles, re and responsibilities.
- Incorporate contractors’ compliance to UN ethics, standard, environmental, health and safety and to local regulations into the day-to-day management of contract and performance assessment.
- Proactive engagement with Contractors to enhance their awareness to UN codes of conduct and ethics and practices against Sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), environmental, health and safety standards, local laws, and regulations
- The UN Volunteer Contract Management Assistant may also be asked to assist and coordinate with the Welfare Unit on welfare and wellbeing activities as required.
- Performing any other related duties as may be required.
Preferably in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field.Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
Minimum 5 years of professional experience.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Computer skills: Advanced Excel, MS office, SAP working knowledgeDriving license: Yes Competencies values:
Client Orientation, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 18 October 2020