HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (FOR THE OFFICE OF EMERGENCIES AND RESILIENCE)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Office of Emergencies and Resilience (OER) is responsible for ensuring FAO's efforts to support countries and partners in preparing for and effectively responding to food and agricultural threats and crises. It is responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of corporate tools and standards to enable Decentralized Offices to assist Members to prepare for, and respond to emergencies. OER ensures humanitarian policy coordination and knowledge, liaison with the Inter-Agency Standing Committee as well as with humanitarian resource partners, co-leadership with World Food Programme of the global Food Security Cluster, organizational preparedness, surge capacity and response to large-scale emergencies. OER supports food and nutrition security assessment and early warning activities related to emergency and humanitarian analysis and responses. OER plays a major role in the development and leadership of the Organization's programme to increase the resilience of livelihoods to food and agriculture threats and crises (SO5).
With the overall technical guidance of the Human Resources Division, the Specialist will report to the Programme Officer, OER, under the overall supervision of the Deputy Director, OER.
The HR Specialist will provide support in the recruitment of consultants and project staff, with the implementation of FAO’s resilience agenda at global, regional, sub-regional and/or country level.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Programme Officer and the hiring managers to the preparation of the Terms of Reference (TORs), and liaise with the Division of Human Resources for the posting of Vacancy Announcements for consultants;
- Conduct pre-screening of applications and prepare analysis of the longlisted and shortlisted candidates for hiring managers review; set up interview panels and organize interviews; assist during the interviews process , draft selection reports with evaluation of candidates and follow-up the recruitment process of consultants and project staff as needed;
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of the FAO Emergency Response Roster (ERR);
- Monitor and update information in the ERR, including periodical contacts with the candidates to confirm continued inclusion in the ERR, and availability for a rapid deployment;
- Monitor the OER Roster e-mail account and reply to queries posed by the applicants, identifying problems and giving solutions as appropriate;
- Support the work of the Programme Officer in the office management of daily activities;
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in human resources, law, social sciences, business administration, international relations or related field.
- A minimum of one year (level C) or five years (level B) of relevant experience in human resources and/or general administration.
- Working knowledge of English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in the field of human resources or general administration, preferably in emergency situations;
- Knowledge of UN or standard operational rules and procedures and project/programme administrative management procedures is considered an asset;
- Ability to work independently, under time pressure and meet deadlines;
- Thoroughness and reliability, sense of diplomacy and tact;
- Familiarity with procedures related to job recruitments;
- Working knowledge of French would be considered an asset.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency