Senior Manager, Grants Finance
Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Director, Grants Compliance and Audit
Location: Canada (may involve up to 30% international travel annually)
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Level of Contact with Children: B
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are an inspiring team of intelligent disruptors who challenge each other to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
Amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19, these qualities have come to the forefront as our organization evolves to remain agile. Though we will evolve in many respects, our mission and strategic ambition will not change – and our work has never been so imperative. We will never stop believing in the multiplying power of girls and that every child deserves that right to learn, lead, decide and thrive. Our future success will be founded upon Plan International Canada’s 80+ year history of focusing on our mission, our core values, responding to challenges and seizing opportunities with purpose, relevance and impact.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
The Senior Manager, Grants Finance and Compliance is part of a cross-functional project team responsible for quality implementation of complex, multi-million dollar grant funded projects. The team includes specialists in Program Management and relevant thematic experts. This is a key role within the team that provides oversight and analysis of the financial health of assigned projects/ portfolios; while ensuring compliance to donor requirements and the achievements of revenue targets. The Senior Manager, Grants Finance and Compliance will also provide leadership to a team of Compliance Managers.
What does success look like?
- Provide financial oversight to a portfolio of projects (predominantly in West and Central Africa) that are funded by governments, multilateral organizations, foundations and corporations.
- Provide financial inputs for project work planning and budgeting.
- Ensure appropriate set-up for project finances and reporting.
- Work with the project team and partners to attain accurate and timely project financial information.
- Review and ensure accurate project financial reporting for management and funders.
- Ensure projects are audit ready, in compliance with funding agreements, and lead on project audits.
- Ensure the project team has a good understanding of the project finances and compliance risks, allowing the team to solution for issues and develop risk mitigation tactics.
- Lead on process improvement initiatives.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Demonstrated success developing costing models/ budgets at the project design stage and risk assessment/ mitigation for large proposals
- Fluency in English and French, written and verbal communication
- Financial management experience of large-scale international projects, including project risk management
- Proven track record of working with a wide variety of international development funding agencies or similar
- Experience managing contracts and agreements with Global Affairs Canada, Development Banks and multilateral agencies is desirable
- A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with strong personalities; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving work culture
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver within short deadlines
- Experience managing internal audits/ reviews, project management reporting and performance reporting
- Familiarity working in cross-functional teams and a matrix environment
- People leadership experience
- MBA or CPA designation is an asset.
To express interest in this exciting opportunity at Plan International Canada, please apply with your resume and cover letter to https://plancanada.ca/apply. Review of applications and interviews will take place on a rolling basis until a candidate is appointed.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!