Regional Local Consultant on Agricultural Advisory Services for Guba Office
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Mr. Bariz Mehdiyev , Assistant FAO Representative (AFAOR) in Azerbaijan
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, programmatic supervision of the Assistant FAOR, technical supervision the project LTO, Team Leader and project coordinator and in close collaboration with the FAO-Azerbaijan office, national counterparts and stakeholders, the Regional Expert, Local Consultant will::
Tasks and Responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as agriculture, horticulture, agricultural economics or other relevant field related to this contract or a bachelor's degree in an above mentioned field and 3 years above the required general professional experience in a field related to this contract;
- Excellent command of Azerbaijani;
- Professional experience of at least 10 years but preferably 15 years working in the area of research and development or education & training or provision of advice in the agriculture and/or rural development sector;
- In the past 5 years at least one assignment as an expert or one assignment as a key expert/component leader for agricultural advisory services in a technical assistance project or twinning;
- National of Azerbaijan or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Professional experience in developing training content and/or delivering training to agricultural advisors is an asset;
- Professional experience in having developed and/or delivered strategic plans and pluralistic models for national agricultural advisory services targeting stallholder farmers or agricultural cooperation structures or farming communities is an asset;
- Good networking skills and understanding of agricultural innovation system perspective.
- Good spoken and written English;
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.