Stop TB Partnership - Diagnostics Procurement & Supply Assistant
Background Information - Job-specific
THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION FOR WHICH ONLY APPLICANTS WITH SWISS NATIONALITY OR WITH THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN SWITZERLAND (EU CITIZENS OR NATIONALITIES ELIGIBLE FOR DIFFERENT SWISS WORK PERMITS) ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
UNOPS hosts the Stop Tuberculosis Partnership Secretariat (STBP) as of 1 January 2015, in Geneva, Switzerland. The vision of the Stop TB Partnership is to realize the goal of elimination of Tuberculosis (TB) as a public health problem and, ultimately, to acquire a world free of TB by ensuring that every TB patient has access to effective diagnosis, treatment and cure; stopping transmission of TB; reducing the inequitable social and economic toll of TB; and developing and implementing new preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic tools and strategies. The Stop Partnership is niche positioned to support the development and further implementation by partners of the current and future Global Plan, acting as a coordinator and catalyst for the range of partners engaged in the fight against TB.
Founded in 2001, the Stop TB Partnership's mission is to serve every person who is vulnerable to TB and ensure that high-quality treatment is available to all who need it. Stop TB partners include international and technical organizations, government programmes, research and funding agencies, foundations, NGOs, civil society and community groups and the private sector.
As a key initiative of the STBP, the goal of the Global Drug Facility (GDF) is to facilitate world-wide, equitable access to TB medicines and diagnostics across both public and private sectors. This goal is achieved through management and coordination of market activities for the full portfolio of TB medicines and diagnostics, strategic procurement and innovative logistics solutions, technical assistance and capacity building for TB programmes in better pharmaceutical management practices, and accelerated uptake of new TB medicines, regimens, and diagnostics using the GDF “launch pad.” GDF is highly reliant on technology to ensure quick and smooth procurement and supply of quality-assured TB products for populations in need.
Under the supervision of the Diagnostics Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for undertaking the following activities:
- Provide procurement, logistical and administrative support to a team of Country Support Officers in the acquisition of TB Diagnostic products.
- Prepare quotes to customers by compiling data contained in supplier’s quotations and settle supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible under the mentorship of Country Support Officers.
- Prepare purchase orders with suppliers including forwarding agents after confirmation of the acceptance of the quote by the customers.
- Supervise status of existing requisitions maintain contact with suppliers, freight forwarders and clients to ensure timely delivery of goods and services,
- Coordinate shipment of goods from suppliers to countries and verify receipt and inspection of goods and accurately reports, as and if required.
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files; keep track of any contractual agreements, systems’ contracts, etc. and let affected users know of contractual rights and obligations.
- Prepare invoices and relevant documents to customers for payment.
- Assist in monitoring and analysing contract performance to ensure compliance with contract terms, schedules and cost.
- Assist in reconciliation of settlements to be paid by the Finance Unit.
- Investigation and resolution of post-order problems and preparation of progress reports on procurement and supply chain matters, as needed.
- Provide input on TB diagnostics logistic or procurement documentation as the need arises.
- Other duties as assigned.
Secondary education/High school diploma is required and in combination with 5 years of relevant experience would be considered qualifying.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in logistics, management or procurement will be considered a strong asset and may substitute for some or all of the required years of experience.
Technical/professional Diploma/License in Procurement, Supply chain and/or logistics will be considered an asset and may substitute for some or all of the required years of experience.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in logistics, and/or import/export, and/or administrative services or related area is required; A master's or bachelor's degree may substitute for some of all the required years of experience.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and expertise of spreadsheet and knowledge of database packages - will be tested in recruitment process;
Experience in handling web-based management systems is a strong asset.
Fluency is English required and knowledge of Spanish is desirable.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract duration: Ongoing ICA - 12 months renewable upon funds availability and satisfactory performances.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note, this position is based in Geneva, Switzerland and therefore, the selected incumbent will have to register with the Swiss authorities and comply with local regulations, including but not limited to - Taxation and Social Security - including the employers' contribution. Additionally, the incumbent will have to purchase a Swiss based insurance (LaMal) within the first three months on contract, UNOPS will help subsidize the cost of this insurance, upon show of proof and for an amount up to 511 CHF.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.