hatay, antakya | Turkey
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Reporting to the Bakery Manager, The Bakeries officer will primarily be contributing into the program design, responsible for programme implementation and the achievement of project results for GOAL’s bakery. The Bakeries program officer will be responsible for ensuring that bakeries intervention is implemented in line with GOAL guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). With support from GOAL’s Food Security & Livelihoods Coordinator and Bakery Manager the Bakeries Officer will deliver evidenced based programming that is informed by food security and markets assessments, programme data and reports and different Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) tools, processes and mechanisms.
Duties, objectives and competencies
Programme Design and Strategy
- In coordination with the Bakery Manager, contribute to identifying research needs and support the design, implementation, analysis and write up wheat value chain and bakery assessments that significantly contribute to evidence based programming and the identification of new programming opportunities.
- Contribute to the development and review of all Guidelines and SOPs pertaining to Food security support programming and ensure mechanisms to control for aid diversion and influence by armed actors are designed and included in same
- Assist the Bakery Manager to ensure the gender, protection and safeguarding are integrated into programme design and implementation
- Ensure all Bakery program activities are implemented in line with GOAL’s Guidelines and SOP
- Translation of all field reports from Arabic into English to feed into the information management system of GOAL’s FS programme and GOAL / Donors periodic reports
Programme Quality and Compliance
- Assist the field team in the development and the implementation of Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs) for all relevant activities and report to FS Coordinator on the implementation of these plans, factors affecting the implementation, program implementation changes on monthly basis*.*
- Communicating with the field team in Syria on a daily basis to confirm the progress of activities as per the programme plan
- contribute into quarterly and annual reviews of learnings gleaned through programme data and reports and MEAL mechanisms.
- Follow up on bakery selection process, and the Monthly, Quarterly verification activities for reviewing ownership, management and financial management of GOAL and food security programme.
- Contribute to the development of all monitoring tools, particularly all distribution and post distribution tools
Procurement and Supply Chain
- Contribute into the Development and implementation of the procurement plans
- Contribute into quality assurance of all programme items by ensuring all donor and GOAL standard testing is carried out in a timely manner
- Support in the coordination activities with humanitarian actors and FSL Cluster in Turkey to coordinate GOAL planned activities and avoid potential overlapping and is responsible to track and maintain records of humanitarian Needs in GOAL areas of operation.
- Responsible for submitting 4Ws report to the FSL Cluster.
Documentation and Reporting
- Review all daily, weekly, and monthly reports submitted at field level by GOAL and partners and provide timely feedback on reports and follow up on corrective actions.
- Contribute to all donor monthly, quarterly, and annual reports before submission to donors and ensure required information is gathered accurately and timely.
- Maintain files and archives of Food security Support program documentation, including catchment population, distribution, and reconciliation records.
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to food security and livelihoods (such as agronomy, nutrition, rural development, agricultural economics or any related field experiences).
- combination of experience and education working in Agriculture Engineering sector is preferable.
- Prior experience in dealing with mobile data collection tools such as KoBo and CommCare programs.
- Minimum 1 year of significant experience analyzing data and producing reports
- Previous experience managing Food Security and Livelihoods interventions
- At least one year of supervisory experience, prior experience in remote management strongly preferred
- Fluent in oral and written Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills of using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power point and Excel.
- The ability and willingness to travel to Northern Syria to GOAL area of operation, particularly Azaz and Afrin in North Aleppo
- Experience in bakery support programming and developing related tools
- A certificate of PMD pro1 will be an advance.
- Knowledge of GOAL’s target areas in Idlib and Aleppo governorates and understanding of the Syria context.
Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic, Turkish is desirable.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 21 October 2020.