Integrated Programs Director - Democratic Republic of Congo
Kinshasa (Congo Democratic)
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Integrated Programs Director - Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), you will be a part of the Senior Leadership Team and will contribute significantly to the strategic directions, organizational development, public engagement, quality and impact of the ministry. As the senior programs leader in the DRC national office, you will be responsible to operationalize the strategic ministry priorities into programming, provide overall leadership and management support for all aspects of programming in the national office, with oversight and responsibility for 150 staff and a $30M USD budget.
You will ensure all programmes are managed effectively and contribute to Child Well-Being Outcomes in line with the National Office Strategic priorities and that programmes meet community and donor accountability in line with World Vision’s policies and standards. You will be responsible for ongoing relationships with the support office partners and work in close collaboration with other department heads to achieve strategic and operational priorities and standards.
- Advanced degree in Developmental Studies, Public Policy, International Relations, Business Management, or any relevant Social Sciences and/or 8+ years of experience in emergency response, development programming, and/or fragile contexts.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive management experience in complex/protracted emergencies, recovery operations, and fragile contexts.
- Must possess knowledge of humanitarian industry, including Sphere standards, HAP, NGO Code of Conduct, and Humanitarian Charter.
- Must possess experience in staff security, safety management, and staff care within a complex, insecure, and fragile environment.
- Must have experience in programme design, monitoring, and evaluation in complex contexts.
- Must be bilingual – English and French.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 30 OCT 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.