Communications and Programme Support
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the UNFPA Representative or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Communication and Programme Support Officer will:
Support to Communications:
- Communications activities will pay particular attention, but not exclusively, to extra-budgetary funded activities related to gender-based violence.
- Drawing on UNFPA CP programmatic interventions, Monitoring and Evaluation activities and other events, collate UNFPA results, prepare news briefs and ensure timelymedia publicity for UNFPA;
- Lead the development/establishment and management of UNFPA Timor Leste database of evidence based on life stories and audio visual materials that can be used in local and international events;
- Participate in the liaison with national medias to promote and highlight UNFPA interventions/ achievements/results;
- Lead the management of the UNFPA local website and Facebook and ensure constant updates of its content in close cooperation with staff;
- Drafting media briefs on UNFPA CO activities for CO, and when requested by the Regional Office;
- Support the promotion of the visibility of the UNFPA mandates;
- Use monitoring activities to engage with local CSOs and youth groups to identify communications opportunities
- Provide substantive technical support to the program team to develop IEC/BCC material
- Provide technical inputs in designing the UNFPA Timor-Leste core program advocacy campaigns
- Work with the UN system to sensitize Media/journalists on UNFPA Mandate areas with a particular focus on GBV
- Lead in organizing the key events of UNFPA activities including celebration of the special days such as World Population day and launch of the state of population report, etc.
Support Programme Activities:
- Join and support the monitoring of work plan activities with a particular focus on joining monitoring visits to derive and document success stories and support follow up with a particular focus on field activites;
- Participate in monitoring using M&E tools and support UNFPA staff and Implementing Partners to effectively guide programme delivery;
- Promote evidence based programming through identifying data and knowledge gaps primarily related to gender issues.
Support the UN Country Team in results reporting:
- Actively participate in the UNSDCF related working group meetings ensuring UNFPA mandate/issues/concerns are adequately reflected in all relevant forums; and
- Carry out any other additional tasks assigned by the UNFPA Assistant Representative and the UNFPA Representative.
Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in social science, economics, public health, public administration, international relations or related field.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- At least two years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in development and communications.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Portuguese(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Other desired/mandatory required technical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Data analysis skills and familiarity with statistical software (is recommended)
- Sound security awareness;
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 22-10-2020