Post Number : 1ITSC0974/1062TP
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC)
Duty Station: Trieste
Job Family: Communication and Information
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 08-NOV-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Two (2) identical vacant posts
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in the E.U. can apply to these positions)OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Founded in 1964 by the late Nobel Laureate Abdus Salam and located in Trieste (Italy), the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) seeks to accomplish its mandate by providing scientists from developing countries with the continuing education and skills that they need to enjoy long and productive careers. ICTP has been a major force in stemming the scientific brain drain from the developing world. For more than 50 years, ICTP has been a driving force behind global efforts to advance scientific expertise in the developing world.
Under the direct supervision of the System and Network Assistant and under the overall supervision of the Head of ICTS, the incumbent will perform audio/video recordings and its post-production processing of lectures, interviews and video material, will provide support to audio and video conferencing in the lecture halls and for virtual meetings and to the speakers in the lecture halls during events. The incumbent will also create or modify graphical layouts, and will perform printing activities with digital printing equipment and plotters. The incumbent will provide ongoing first-line support to visitors and colleagues regarding computer, printing and software and compatibility issues. Essential responsibilities include:Long Description
- Perform audio/video recordings and its post-production processing of ICTP activities and other events. Upload videos to repositories at ICTP and on the internet.
- Provide assistance for the audio and video presentations for conferences and virtual meetings. Provide support to the speakers in the lecture halls during events and manage the facilities in the lecture rooms. Provide basic first-line support with regards to network connections, printing and basic software issues.
- Create/edit graphical layouts for printed and electronic media with specific software applications (e.g. Adobe Suite). Upload material to website and maintenance of any digital material. Perform printing with digital printing equipment and plotters.
- Take group photos of activities/participants.
- Manage lecture room bookings. Interact with ICTP and Hosted activities organizers to discuss technical requirements and preparations to ensure activities running smoothly.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational school.
- At least three (3) years of relevant working experience in administrative/technical support services.
- Experience in post-production activities (audio and video editing), working with graphical software and plotting and printing activities.
- Good knowledge of standard computer hardware and software applications.
- Good knowledge of video recording equipment.
- Good knowledge of graphical software.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent/very good knowledge (spoken and written) of English.
- Working knowledge of software for post production of videos (e.g. Final Cut) and software for graphic designs and pdf editing (e.g. Adobe Suite).
Good knowledge (spoken and written) of Italian.
Please note that for this position UNESCO will not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests and relocation.BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.