Finance Technical Assistant - National Position (Aleppo)
Duties and responsibilities
- Process day to day payment in cash and banks (suppliers, cash advances, staff etc.), ensuring all the supporting documents adhere to NRC Financial Regulations.
- Manage and control travel advances of staff travelling in the region, ensuring all advances are properly cleared at the end of the month by providing the required support to NRC staff to handle travel claim.
- Manage petty cash cashbook and ensure daily recording of expenditures.
Perform daily cash counts, cash inventory at the end of the month.
- Responsible for filing the vouchers and other financial documents in NRC's standard filing system and Scan all required documents in accordance with Compliance guideline.
- Follow up with money transfer agency to process the payment and transfer the Fund to agent‘s Bank account or deposit in cash for cash advances to other Area offices.
- Monitor & track contract with multiple instalments and keep updated records of bid Bonds & Framework agreement report.
- Verify LOE (letter of engagement) and process payment on a monthly basis.
- Support Finance Officer/Coordinator during Tender Process.
- Verify CBA analysis for Competitive bid & closed Tender and provide feedback on the analysis.
- Prepare Post backs on a monthly basis for Cash/Bank payments and follow up to obtain the required approval from budget holder.
- Support Finance Officer/Coordinator during month end close/Year End.
- Monitoring daily exchange rates and send report to SRO.
- Support Finance Technical Officer/Support Coordinator for any ad-hoc task/report.
- At Least two-years’ experience in a Finance Role Accountant, Cashier, Finance Assistant.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business and Administration or finance-related fields.
- Proficiency in Arabic. Good level of English written and spoken.
- Good Excel Skills.
- Knowledge of any accounting system will be an asset
- Handling insecure/changing environment
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
We can offer
Salary/benefits: According to NRC's salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty station: Aleppo
- Candidates who do not fill in the website application form in details may not be considered.
You may refer to the relevant job description through the following link here
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.