Electronic Medical Records System (EMR) Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Field Coordinator and technical supervision of the Design Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator and the Senior Health Coordinator the Electronic Medical Records System Manager shall be responsible for the overall EMR activities in the organization. Specifically, he/she shall support the end to end implementation of the EMR at the IRC supported facilities. This shall include, requirement gathering, analysis, system design, development, operation, and sustenance of the EMR systems within the organization in Kenya. S/he will lead digital system innovation, reporting, linkages, and representation in the relevant technical working groups within the ministry of health. The overall coordination of digital health Intervention trainings, mentorship to both healthcare workers and administration
- A key member of the core EMR implementation team leading the execution of EMR activities, supporting the system as a subject matter expert.
- Serve as the main point of contact and EMR related issues to users including the physicians, health record officers and the senior management at IRC.
- Analyze and document the requirements for the EMR, clinical workflow as they pertain to the implementation of electronic practice management and electronic medical records software.
- Prepare recommendations and/or alternatives that address existing and potential areas of improvements in the operations of the EMR
- Working with the teams at the facilities, generate the required structured and ad-hoc reports for consumption by the different stakeholders such as MOH, donors, administrators, clinicians etc.
- Redesign existing workflows to leverage the EMR application system, document, review, and train staff on effective workflows to be adopted
- Design and configure the electronic medical records software in the most efficient manner to support the clinicians and other healthcare service providers within the IRC facilities
- Create, utilize, and implement customized training curriculum for the users of the EMR and train them on the features/ effective use of the EMR
- Coordinate the implementation of the EMR software at the IRC sites, documenting the approaches, lessons learned, challenges and mitigation
- Participate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new application modules and enhancements to existing EMR
- Implement a collaborative EMR support mechanism using the appropriate tools to document user issues raised for action
- Understand the EMR system, troubleshoot and/or escalate technical errors that may occur within the system to focal IT personnel or EMR developer.
- Provide regular status updates to the senior management team, and advice the SMT on the right course of action for the EMR
- Review the EMR use at the facility to determine the impact of the system in the provision of healthcare services to the clients
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested