Innovation and Technology Assistant
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Innovation and Technology Unit within the Field Technology Section, the Innovation and Technology Assistant will be required to operate as part of the Innovation and Technology Unit team supporting the Mission. Major responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage commercial contracts for Surveillance and Protection Technology;
- Assist with spare parts management for Surveillance and Protection Technology;
- Oversee and manage manufacturer repairs and maintenance activities for Surveillance and Protection Technology;
- Ensure that Issue and Incident registers are properly maintained by the support personel for Surveillance and Protection Technology;
- Assist with drafting SOPs and various correspondence;
- Research and evaluate new technologies in the context of the mission mandate;
- Follow-up with Procurement Section and MOVCON on status of acquisitions and shipping;
- Travel to other field stations/locations as and when required;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
University degree (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in Telecommunications/Information Technology related field.
Relevant Military training/certification acceptable.Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience with Surveillance and Protection Technology, preferably in a military/law enforcement context/environment.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Essential Technical Skills:
- Understanding of radar systems,
- Working knowledge of geographic information principles and data analysis tools,
- Very strong computer literacy with word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to work as a team member is as critical as acting independently.
- Demonstrate willingness to succeed in an independent management setting and take upon self-created initiatives in building job performance.
- Knowledge of French language
Adaptability and Flexibility, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 25 October 2020