Senior Associate, Health
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Senior Associate, Health
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium’s Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) partnership has a growing portfolio of health projects in low- and middle-income countries, improving health systems and health outcomes for underserved populations.
This role will provide business development support for new health opportunities and technical expertise to support the design and implementation of health programmes in countries across the globe.
The Senior Associate will provide research and writing support for new health opportunities and programmes in the EMEA health portfolio, to include conducting literature reviews, data analysis, synthesising evidence in easy to understand formats and additional quantitative analysis as needed (e.g. modelling, working with a Senior Manager).
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Associate, Health, are to:
* Support the identification, assessment and pursuit of new business opportunities (including planning, developing technical content etc.).
* Support a strategic approach to business development by coordinating and leading research on thematic issues, countries, clients, partners and competitors, as well as gathering market intelligence on all/some of the above.
* Contribute to the development of bid content (e.g., technical, financial, organisational etc.), including by executing and synthesising research (literature reviews, data analysis, and modelling as needed – working closely with a Senior
* Manager), consolidating capabilities, assessing financials and more.
* Contribute to/manage client relationships through the development of technical positioning papers, facilitation of meetings and other external engagements.
* Contribute to business development knowledge management efforts, including maintaining the currency and accuracy of new business data in corporate databases (e.g. SharePoint, NEMO).
Providing Technical Input/Sector Expertise:
* Provide technical input into the design, planning and delivery of programmes, in a range of health areas (e.g. health systems strengthening, RMNCH+A and SRHR, NTDs, communicable and non-communicable diseases, nutrition and WASH).
* Contribute to research and analysis efforts toward programme delivery, to include conducting literature reviews, quantitative and qualitative analysis (descriptive and statistical as needed, working closely with a Senior Manager). Contribute high-quality written content leveraging research, for instance, in the form of technical studies/reports, case studies, policy and programme approaches and results.
* Provide short term inputs and/or consultancy assignments on discrete project-based work within Palladium.
* Provide support to other Clusters and more junior colleagues to monitor and quality assure Palladium’s products and services.
* Identify, build and maintain relationships with consultants and partners who can provide technical expertise on projects that Palladium implements.
* For assigned portfolio of projects, interface with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review and report on projects as needed and requested.
* Provide support to project work planning, budgeting, progress and financial reporting.
* Provide technical support to project operations at all stages.
* Support Project Directors in the performance management of Team Leaders and project teams.
* Liaise with partner organisations on the contractually compliant delivery of agreed inputs and achievement of agreed outputs and outcomes.
* Assume management responsibility for these tasks when delegated to do so.
* Master’s degree in a relevant field – public health, health policy, demography/population studies, epidemiology or commensurate experience.
* Experience contributing to or managing at least 1-2 successful major bids (including each of or a combination of structuring bid financials, team selection, drafting technical response and partner negotiations)
* Demonstrable experience in health in the following: conducting and synthesising research (literature review, qualitative, quantitative), including that which is field-based (experience in demography/population will be a value add/advantage); health programme implementation (monitoring and evaluation desired); business development, during both pre-proposal and proposal stages.
* Demonstrable experience in one or more of the desired health technical areas: health systems strengthening; maternal, child, and new-born health; family planning and reproductive health; adolescent sexual and reproductive health; population and development; NTDs, communicable and non-communicable diseases; private sector or public private partnerships for health programming; Nutrition/WASH; social and behaviour change communication.
* Experience undertaking research, data analysis and synthesis for bids, market positioning and projects (experience in demography/population will be a value add/advantage).
* Some experience working in a developing country or in a project-based environment.
* Experience working with DFID, FCO or the EU.
* Strong research skills, including ability to synthesise information into simple formats. Demography/population experience, including demographic modelling, is an advantage.
* Ability to conceptualise and write a bid proposal or project report.
* Strong writing skills and excellent verbal communication.
* Knowledge of data analysis or visualisation software is an advantage.
* Sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Project management experience; people management skills an advantage.
* Sound business development and Client Relationship Management skills.
* Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of eight weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere.
* Professional-level fluency in a relevant language (French) is an advantage.
* Record of academic-level publications is an advantage.
* Ability to work autonomously and as a team; ability work in a collaborative and constructive manner.