Duty Station [Aden-Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job:
- Monitoring and maintaining office equipment and inventory supplies; orders replacement supplies as needed
- Updating office policies and procedures
- Preparing correspondence, documentation, or presentation materials
- Arrange travel and accommodations for all DRC staff in his base
- Maintain updated record of meeting room bookings
- Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water, telephone, photocopier, fax, etc.) are in good working order.
- Ensure Payment of bills-Water and Electricity of office and guesthouse on time.
- keep track of keys distributed to staff, records should be established and signed by each staff member
- Manage all contract arrangements with lessors and ensuring that contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Lease new offices and houses by selecting suitable location and prepare contracts with close collaboration with security focal points.
- Establish central mail recording system and filing system.
- Responsible for providing efficient and effective office administration.
- Responsible for drafting official letters.
- Responsible for translating the documents from English to Arabic and vice versa
- Schedule meetings and conference room with all requirements (venues – refreshments – stationery and equipment)
- All out-going letters/official communications must have DRC references and all registered in the respective logbook and filed (Soft – Hard) copies.
- Up-to-date. Staff directory with Name Position Location Phone Number Email Address.
- Make sure all the date and Lease contracts documentations are tracked and up to date.
- Scan and up to date new personnel files and Lease contracts documentations.
- Ensuring that stationery and other office materials are stocked and made efficient use of.
- Provide office and GHs with the needed stationery and kitchen supply.
- Order office and GHs supplies and requirements.
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with.
- Assure a good relationship with contractors and service providers
- Make sure all required maintenance of the Offices and GHs are provided and their payments are fully paid in timely manner.
- Make sure there is available advance for the urgent needs
- Supply the Office and GHs with all the requirements and keep them tracked.
- Follow up the office cleaners and make sure they are doing their responsibilities.
- Keep all the files of the office inside the archiving containers and make sure they are well organized
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
- Assure daily cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Oversee all repairs and ensure that work is completed on time.
- Maintain all supplies and equipment, and ensure proper storage.
- Conduct preventative maintenance work.
- Inspect Office and GHs regularly to identify problems and necessary maintenance.
- Performing multifaceted general office support.
- Perform other administrative tasks within the Admin scope of activities, as instructed by management.
- Deal with all administrative aspects of general office and housing, including necessary repairs & maintenance are complete in a timely manner, in coordination with the SC Dep.
- Ensure cleaners Follow maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out a regular inspection of the office and GHs to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and Plumbing pipes systems of DRC office and GHs to ensure functionality
- Attend, oversee and follow up all repairs and installation activities
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff (Cleaners, Gardeners etc.)
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Keep maintenance tracker up to date and report on daily activities
To be successful in this role you must have:
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
(include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree in a relevant subject; at least one years of professional experience in a similar position; good command of English (written, read, and spoken); good computer skills (MS Word and MS Excel); able to work under pressure; excellent organizational skills; excellent, interpersonal and communication skills; experience and willingness to travel to field offices; relevant NGO experience is a preferable.
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Arabic (preferred)
DRC will offer the successful applicant a one year contract , renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible, and be willing and able to work in Aden.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (H Non-Manager).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close October 24, 2020. “Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we receive sufficient application”.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo