Executive Personal Assistant (EP-AGS-SE-2020-125-LD)
Company DescriptionAt CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you an Executive Personal Assistant, who enjoys working on a variety of tasks in a multicultural environment? Put in place your organizational expertise and provide a perfect service! CERN, take part!
In the Experimental Physics Department’s Administration and General Services Group, which is responsible for providing administrative secretarial support to the Department, Experiments and Groups, you will serve as Executive Personal Assistant to a winner of the Nobel Prize for Physics who is also the Spokesperson of the AMS experiment, the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer for Extra-terrestrial Study of Antimatter, Matter and Missing Matter on the International Space Station.
In addition, you will be also responsible for providing daily assistance to the collaborators of the AMS scientific community at CERN in accordance with the Organization's administrative procedures.
The selected candidate must be flexible with the ability to work outside normal working hours and willing to travel occasionally.
Your main functions will include:
- Providing high-level personal assistance and handle confidential information in a well-organised and timely manner (diary management, e-mails, incoming and outgoing phone calls, official duty trips, meetings);
- Filtering and answering queries proactively and autonomously on behalf of your executive;
- Welcoming and assisting VIPs and other visitors upon their arrival at CERN;
- Acting as official contact for CERN services as part of the follow-up of internal administration, ensuring the coordination of administrative and logistical support as necessary;
- Acting as first line support concerning the collaborating and visiting physicists' queries, liaising with a wide range of different services inside CERN as well as external institutes;
- Providing administrative services associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings, as well as organising scientific events;
- Producing and/or providing substantive input to official e-mails, letters, minutes, procedures, presentations etc.;
- Maintaining physical and electronic documents, web pages, shared files and records to provide up-to-date information;
- Ensuring that CERN's various rules and procedures are respected and correctly applied in different situations.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of business administration for personal assistants, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience as an Executive Personal Assistant in an international environment;
- Experience in diplomatic/visitor protocol and etiquette would be an asset.
- Executive assistance;
- Customer service;
- Event organisation and management;
- Use of Office software packages.
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point; providing others with timely information.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Demonstrating accountability: presenting information accurately and objectively; working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; maintaining confidentiality.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind; being rigorous and producing quality results at first attempt.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Solving problems: producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English with ability to draft texts for publications and official communications.
- Ability to understand and speak French in professional contexts.
- Knowledge of other language(s) will be considered an additional asset.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 08.11.2020.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- A valid driving licence;
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization;
- International travel.
Job grade: 4-5
Job reference: EP-AGS-SE-2020-125-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Executive Personal Assistant