Partnership Project Coordinator
General job description
The Action Against Hunger Partnership Project Coordinator will be in charge of :
- follow-up and report on WASH, shelter and health & nutrition interventions of partnership members
- support partnership members through supporting and securing programmatic interventions
- ensure the qualitative implementation of project activities
- provide as required guidance and additional support as required to the partnership management on strategic planning, follow-up and reporting
- Support and develop the partnership development strategy and mainstream core objectives into future interventions
Find out more about us https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es
Objective 1: At strategic level, provide the necessary strategical guidance to technical staff among partners to ensure emergency response is aligned and compliant with international standards and donor requirements and ensure technical coherence at technical level
- Monitor sector coordination in Syria and globally (international standards, donor regulations, etc.) to disseminate relevant information, keep track and mainstream new standards/best practices to the prime and among partners
- Provide necessary technical/expert inputs to: (1) develop new intervention strategies and amend existing ones. Review, analyze planning documents to identify technical gaps and propose necessary adjustments to secure sector-related objectives (WASH, Shelter, H&N)
- Coordinate with Team / partners to regularly evaluate achievements, identify gaps, etc
- Contribute to the continuation of the Partnership after the end of the current funding period through: (1) identification of future sectors of interventions, opportunities and needs (2) coordination with partners to draft relevant sections of any proposal/support document submitted to potential donors in the framework of the Partnership .
Objective 2: At the operational level, provide technical expertise to support the identification, implementation and evaluation of bespoke intervention/expansion strategies
- Provide technical support to the Partnership Manager and Deputy Partnership Manager to implement sector intervention strategies: analysis of performance at sector and partner level, identification of technical challenges and potential solutions, participation to technical meetings with partners (and donors/HQ when need be)
- Steer the partnership technical working groups. This tasks requires to maintain daily contacts with the different WG members and organize monthly meetings with the general objectives to (1) secure timely/qualitative/compliant interventions (2) increase the level of integrated/cross-sector interventions, (3) maximize and level-up the harmonization of technical standards used by partners (4) develop the capacities/knowledge of partners through adapted trainings
- Review partners’ technical documents (technical assessments, BoQs), plans, and activities and consult with Partnership partners to address technical gaps.
- Develop an operational strategy to mitigate delays faced by partners, offering support to address the following bottlenecks/challenges: identification of interventions, technical assessments, approval from local authorities and from the donor.
- Provide support the secretariat coordinators (compliance, MEAL, protection and to a lesser extent finance, etc.) to best ensure proper planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities whilst coordinating whenever necessary with AAH Syria and HQ staff on the above
- Whenever possible, carry out field visits or identify proxies to assess ongoing interventions
- Provide technical inputs to the programmatic reports (monthly updates and semiannual reports)
- Civil engineering, architecture, construction-related sciences, Social sciences including international studies, law or economics also considered, Postgraduate humanitarian studies is a plus .
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards
- Solid knowledge and experience of Project Cycle Management and strategic planning – compulsory
- Excellent technical skills on WASH and shelter programming
- Good understanding of health & nutrition projects
- Proven experience working on humanitarian affairs
- Experience in cross-cutting coordination and teamwork
- Knowledge of the Middle East/Syria context desirable.
- Working with institutional donors and consortium
- Recent experience with USAID is a plus
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field as coordinator or similar (at least 2-3 years)
- Knowledge of USAID standards and guidelines is a plus
- English (compulsory working language, fluent spoken, read and written); Arabic (preferable but not required).,
- Mobility (national/ international): Yes, within Syria and outside of Syria
- Proven knowledge and experience in proposal and report writing compulsory
- High level of MS office applications (Word/Excel, power point)
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
Formal work contract: 5 months with possible extension
- Base: Damascus
- Annual Gross Salary: from 46,000 to 50,000 EUR
- In addition, we will offer you a benefit packaged estimated in 20.000 euros/year.This packaged includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips to defined area: (break per diem: 215 EUR)
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket
- Accommodation and housing expenses (in shared guest house)
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be assessed and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
-Applications will be assessed and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.