Director of Pricing
The Director of Pricing is responsible for leading IRC’s efforts to launch new pricing and costing strategies in response to our new organizational strategy.Consistent with IRC’s cost accounting and cost application policies issued by Finance, the Director will lead a team of professionals to assess IRC’s current strategies and practices and introduce new budget preparation tools, templates, processes, and trainings to ensure that IRC can achieve its ambitious organizational goals.The Director will work closely with Finance and Country Programs to identify key challenges and strengths to ensure that ICR is consistently applying best practices at all levels within the organization.The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of working on new business efforts in international development with USAID, FCDO, and/or other multilateral and bilateral donors.The position will report to the Senior Director, Business Development.
• Oversee the strengthening and implementation of a pricing and cost strategy across IRC in collaboration with Finance and other key stakeholders.
• Introduce and/or strengthen budget preparation tools, templates, processes, and workflow within IRC to support IRC’s ambitious business development goals.
• Lead the development of select cost proposals including participation in teaming discussions, prepare cost instructions, review and provide feedback on partner budgets, ensure bid compliance, support negotiations, and finalize cost-related agreements on select bids.
• Develop processes and systems to ensure high quality, competitive, and compliant cost proposals are submitted.
• Forecast financial risks associated with commercial contracts and formulate fee rates that are specific to the nature of each solicitation and operational environment.
• Manage pricing team to ensure consistent support to large and complex cost proposals.
• Develop training and other capacity building tools to strengthen IRC pricing and costing capacity at the global, regional, and country level.
• Negotiate budgets with partners (both prime and sub).