Junior Expert Humanitarian Aid
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Junior Expert Humanitarian Aid*
The position is to be filled by January 1, 2021, with a contract duration of two years. Employment location will be Bonn, Germany.
The Humanitarian Directorate (HD) consists of office staff and the Emergency Response Team. The overall aim of the HD is to enable Welthungerhilfe to respond quickly, effectively and responsibly to humanitarian crisis and disasters and to be recognised nationally and internationally as a competent and demanded actor. As Junior Expert Humanitarian Aid you will support our HD in the fields of emergency aid coordination, crisis monitoring, humanitarian standards, preparedness, emergency logistics as well as humanitarian policy and networking. After a 12-month stay in our Headoffice Bonn, a 12-month stay abroad follows, preferably in an ongoing emergency aid project.
- Support the operational implementation of emergency measures at headquarter and abroad
- Support the preparation of opinions and position papers on topics relevant to emergency aid
- Support the operational coordination and administrative management of the Emergency Response Team
- Collection, commenting and delivery of contributions for creating and further development of technical concepts on subjects of emergency aid
- Assist in the preparation of regular reports both on the status of implementation of HD projects and on the further development of emergency response capacities
- Preparation of project planning documents in consultation with the Humanitarian Director
- Preparation of proposals for co-financing and sponsorship
- Schedule and completeness control of narrative reports
- Participation in coordination committees of humanitarian aid and HD relevant working groups in WHH
- Support of emergency measures on site within the scope of the mission abroad
- A university or polytechnic degree, completion of a graduate programme (NOHA/SLE) relevant to the position is desirable
- Experience in the planning and implementation of emergency measures or relevant topics of emergency aid
- First international experience, e.g. as part of an internship
- Competence in intercultural communication
- Practical experience in (intercultural) teamwork
- Ability to work under difficult and volatile local conditions
- Very good command of spoken and written English, French language skills would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 29, 2020. Your contact person is Barbara Kuersten.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, religion, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.