Internship UNDP Accelerator LAB
We are an initiative focused on accelerating efforts and impacts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We were establisehd in September 2019 as part of a global network located in 60 countries, with an aim to support Turkey's efforts with innovative solutions towards the goald that must be achieved by 2030.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Turkey Accelerator Lab (AccLab), the intern will:
- Design posters, booklets, brochures, etc. for social media and other communication channels.
- Assist the AccLab Team on administrative tasks in preparation of files, reports, records, proper filing and analysis.
- Providing research, writing and editing support on issues related to social media and communication activities.
- Assist the preparation of minutes of meetings in Turkish/English and translate short documents from English to Turkish (and vice versa) and provide interpretation at meetings when necessary.
- Assist in the administration and implementation of the daily Lab activities.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organization of events, workshops, meetings, trainings and conferences.
- Prepare lists and draft short reports and prepare documentation.
- Support the preparation of newsletters, blogs, e-discussions or any other knowledge products.
- Other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisors.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to work under pressure against strict deadlines
- Ability to think out-of-the-box
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants must at the time of application meet all of the following requirements:
- Have graduated with a university or master degree in fields such as graphic design, communications, , media, design or similar departments
- Fluency in English and Turkish
- Excellent design and visual communication skills
- Excellent drafting and written and verbal communication skills in both English and Turkish
- Excellent computer literacy in standard software applications (MS Office Suite).
- Proficient knowledge in using graphic design software (Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva and others).
- Proficiency in the use of digital and social media platforms.
- Sensitivity to political, cultural and national differences and adaptability to multicultural environments.
- Applicants at the time of application are expected to meet one of the following requirements: a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in the fields such as graphic design, communications, media, design or similar departments.
- Acquaintance with UNDP rules and procedures is an asset.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Remuneration and Insurance
A stipend will be provided to the intern starting from 01 January 2020.( 1,219.87 TRY Monthly)
All substance, travel and accommodation costs must be borne by the intern.
In accordance with the relevant UN policies, the UN will not provide interns with any medical coverage.
The intern must be covered by an adequate medical and life insurance during the duration of his/her internship.
The incumbent of the position should strictly avoid
- any kind of discriminatory and abusive behaviour including gender-based discrimination
- any kind form of sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse
The incumbent of the position should ensure that
- human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender is respected within all implementations including data production;
- differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced;
- zero tolerance principle to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse is prioritized.
UNDP prioritizes gender equality and women's empowerment approach in all its actions, workplace relations and implementations as well as gender parity in representation to create a workplace which is equally inclusive of women, men and persons with other gender identities. Temporary special measures will be instituted to ensure appointment of personnel of under-represented genders at grades and in roles where they are under-represented
Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.