Conflict Resolution Specialist
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
|Key competencies||Qualifications and Competencies
I. Academic Qualifications:
• University degree in Peace Studies, Political Science, Social Science or any other related field
II. Years of experience:
• A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in facilitating local level peacebuilding/dialogue processes.
• Experience working on peacebuilding through socio cultural and socio‐economic sectors
• Experience in the area of development in UN and international organizations is an asset;
• Experience working in post‐conflict society/ fragile countries is an advantage.
• Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
• Promotes innovation and knowledge management in the project and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example;
• In‐depth practical knowledge of inter‐disciplinary development issues;
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
• Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside of the project.
Client Orientation and Communication:
• Ability to advocate and articulate clear messages. Attention to detail is crucial;
• Ability to work in a high‐pressure working environment with frequent urgent deadlines;
• High level logical and methodological organizational skills and the ability to multi‐task;
• Flexibility to attend consultation meetings during weekends;
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations;
• Supports and encourages open communication and responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
IV. Language requirements:
• Proficiency in English, both written and spoken (writing samples may be required);
• Knowledge of Somali Language is an advantage.