Internal Control Admin Assistant
Juba (South Sudan)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO representatives, is to assistant governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner to ensure zero hunger in the country. FAO provides support in three priority areas: sustainable increase in production and productivity, agriculture-based economic growth, and increased resilience of livelihoods to threats and crisis.
The current portfolio of projects in South Sudan includes activities related to agriculture (crop), livestock, Fisheries, Natural Resource management, food information systems is implemented with humanitarian, transitional and development funding. The incumbent will contribute to the country’s programme and portfolio as foreseen in the project he/she will coordinate and be assigned.
The Internal Control Admin Assistant will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative for South Sudan, the direct supervision of the International Cash Transfer Programme Specialist and guidance of the Administrative Officer.
- Verify all the supporting documents (cash vouchers, list of beneficiaries, payment details of traders) and
check the accuracy of both vouchers and the amount disbursed to FAO beneficiaries.
- Carry out Internal Control Findings (with the risk rating for FAO - financial impact is not required) such as Lack of internal controls, Inconsistent basis of accounting, Lack of financial control policies and procedures, Lack of procedures for verification of assets, Lack of procedures for disposal of assets, Lack of segregation of duties, Suppliers' invoices not approved, Lack of bank reconciliations, Lack of basis for allocating salary costs, Payments not approved, No competitive procedures for the award of contracts, Failure to implement prior year's audit recommendations, Poor record keeping, excessive use of cash payments and Others on Implementing partners, Supplier Invoices And Financial service Providers payments/reimbursements.
- Carry out Compliance Findings such as Bank account different from that named in the Operational Partners Agreement, Signatories on financial reports different from those specified in the Operational Partners Agreements, Financial reports are not submitted timely and Others on implementing partners.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare applicable internal documents for operational advances (request and liquidations).
- Reconcile the invoices with all payment requests made to bank and the cash received by the traders.
- Support the project in processing of the Letters of Agreement related to cash based vouchers from the
- Confirm that the beneficiaries received cash vouchers from the partner organization through the help of
- State offices concerned.
- Confirm that the traders received the money from the bank or money vendor authorized by FAO to pay
- the traders.
- Maintain a record of all cash transfer vouchers issued to partners for distribution to beneficiaries.
- Liaise with Information Management System Unit in biometric registrations of traders and beneficiaries.
- Support in printing of the vouchers and the related documents as well as ensuring that all requirements
- for selection of traders and beneficiaries are followed by the implementing partner organizations.
- Assist in internal and external audits of FAO South Sudan.
- Prepare risk based internal control plans.
- Conduct follow-up of the audit reports implementation and maintain follow-up data base.
- Submit semi-annual and annual reports on activities and results of the internal control and compliance activities to Administration and FAOR
- Keep up to date data base of FAO implementing partners and Financial report status
- Carry out financial findings such as No supporting documentations, Insufficient supporting documentations, Cut-off error, Expenditure not for project purposes, No proof of payments, No proof of goods / services received, DSA rates exceeded, Support costs incorrectly calculated, Expenditure claimed but activities not undertaken, Advance claimed as expenditure, Commitments treated as expenditure, Ineligible salary cost and others on Implementing partners, Supplier Invoices And Reconciliation of Financial service Providers payments/reimbursements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management and administration.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in administration and financial management.
- South Sudan National.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Good interpersonal, communications and facilitation skills;
- Sound knowledge and experience in writing reports;
- Strong computer, word processing, and statistical skills.
- Good knowledge of the UN system, procedures and operational activities would be an advantage.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships
- Understand and adhere to FAO goals and principle and the FAO South Sudan strategy and objectives.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/