Information Management consultant Regional Working Group 2020
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Santiago
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 21-10-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The Information Management Junior Consultant is responsible for researching, locating, compiling, reviewing and updating information and data provided by the members of the Regional Education Group (REG); as well as supporting the design of graphics, maps and other visual tools that help visualize the work of the Group in the LAC region.Long Description
- Research, locate, compile, review and update information and data based on the inputs provided by the members of the REG.
- Update and retrieve information, documentation and data (i.e. monthly updates of the REG Website).
- Develop 10 infographics (3-4 per month) to exemplify data and information on schools reopening and the actions of the REG.
- Help maintain the dashboards updated: systematically update data related to the situation analysis overview, school reopening timeline, maps, etc.
- Support data collection from different partners within the REG to ensure data and information are up-to-date and accurate.
- Support the liaison with internal and external counterparts to ensure timely and appropriate sharing of data and information.
- Contribute to the development of situation analysis, research and compile data and inputs for briefings and progress reports of the Regional Education Plan.
- Contribute to the management of the REG´s public information and outreach tasks, including publications, website articles and social media posts.
- Support the REG in the design/development of infographics, maps and other visual resources (including creating tables and forms, and charting/visualizing data).
- Support the REG with the mapping of the education coordination mechanisms in the LAC region.
- Complete additional tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics or any other relevant field.
- Previous professional experience on data and information management;
- Experience working with graphics, charts, tables and visual tools.
- Ability to manage data collection processes;
- Highly organized and extremely detail oriented with regards to data entry and quality control;
- Clear and effective communicator, both written, visual (i.e. graphs/charts) and verbal;
- High level of initiative and proactive approach to building relationships; a team player;
- Flexible and focused on identifying possibilities and solutions;
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Reader, Publisher, Illustrator, etc., including creating tables and forms, and charting/visualizing data.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.