Business Continuity Planning (BCP) Coordinator for COVID-19
IFRC Africa Regional Office (ARO) Business Continuity
· Organize meetings of the ARO BCP Task Force and ensure proceedings are documented.
· Update the ARO BCP, incorporating inputs of the BCP Task Force and Senior Management Team (SMT).
· Update the ARO Actioning Business Continuity (ABC) document and monitor actions by focal points.
· Ensure that the SMT is updated on the ARO BCP and ABC.
· Provide updates on BCP and ABC during ARO staff meetings as/when requested by the SMT.
· Participate in and contribute to ARO COVID-19 Core Management, Extended Management Meetings, COVID-19 Task Force, and other internal technical coordination platforms.
· Facilitate lessons learned exercise(s) to inform improvements to future ARO BCP and ABC processes.
APRO Critical Incident Management
· Support the ARO Critical Incident Management Team (CIMT) as/when requested by the SMT.
· In the event of a critical incident, continually update the BCP incident log and status boards, ensuring that all relevant logs and levels of recording are appropriate.
· Maintain chronological and concise record of critical incidents, meetings and decisions of the CIMT.
· Support updating of ARO critical incident master event board (recording all significant events/developments) and secondary boards (displaying key operational decisions).
· Support standing down of the ARO CIMT, including ensuring that all status board content is recorded, and the information retained/archived for future reference.
Business Continuity Plans of IFRC Africa Country Offices and CCST
· Guide and support IFRC Country Offices and CCST to update theirs BCPs and ABC documents.
· Maintain a record of the BC plans and ABC guidance documents of all IFRC offices in Africa.
· Collate and provide regular updates to the SMT on BCP and ABC of all IFRC offices in Africa.
· Support lessons learned exercise(s) to inform improvements to future BCP and ABC processes.
National Society Business Continuity Plans
· Analyze risks that may affect the ability of various Africa National Societies (ANS) to continue functioning, as basis for prioritizing countries for direct or remote support in BC planning.
· Undertake a mapping and maintain a repository of ANS BCPs.
· Assess BCP support needs of ANS.
· Guide and support ANS to develop/update BCPs based on their needs and requests.
· Refer ANS to the “National Society Business Continuity Help Desk” coordinated by the Global Disaster Preparedness Center (GDPC).
· Facilitate learning webinars and forums for sharing good practices in BCP.
Please visit https://www.ifrc.org/en/who-we-are/working-with-us/current-vacancies/job-description/?id=63395 to submit your application.