UNV Programme Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the guidance of the UNDP Governance Unit and in cooperation with project staff, the UNV Programme Officer will provide the following support in:
- Preparation of project reports, including progress and annual reports, as well as ad hoc technical reports, if and when needed;
- Assistance in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy;
- Provision of high quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management;
- Preparation and implementation of monitoring plans for documentation of lessons learnt with an emphasis on the production of quality knowledge products to be shared with all stakeholders;
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues and initiate, if necessary, diagnostic studies in the respective areas of governance in Kazakhstan;
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for identification of areas for support and programme formulation/ implementation;
- Making disbursements in accordance with activities and budgets of approved project preparation grants;
- Drafting contracts for local and international experts and consultants, and sub-contracting institutions;
- Preparation of project budget revisions, determination of unutilized funds;
- Maintenance of the database of partners and key government contacts;
- Analytical support, drafting speeches, official communication.
Bachelor Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirableRequired experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- 2 year experience in project/programme implementation;
- Good computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer and other software products);
- A confident user of Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access) and other applications;
- Ability to work in a team, excellent communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Russian languages;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrating corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Experience in doing data gathering and research is must;
- Proven analytical and report writing skills are advantageous;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encouraging the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
Language (s): Fluency in spoken and written Russian and English. Knowledge of Kazakh is an advantage
Competencies and values:
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work - Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully;
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow - Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others;
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction - Models independent thinking and action;
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform - Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis;
- Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement - Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Programme/project administration.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Kazakhstan and legal residents in Kazakhstan with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 28-10-2020