Child Protection Associate
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Child Protection Roving Officer at UNICEF or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Child Protection Associate will:
- Support the quality monitoring of the child protection services implemented by Non-Governmental organizations partners:
- Work closely and collaboratively with partners to discuss implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations and/or to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decisions. Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned;
- Conduct monitoring and field visits to all partners in all field offices;
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with counterparts to assess programmes/projects, and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of programme management;
- Support the third-party monitoring agencies in conducting surveys and analysis of CP programs;
Support in the follow up of child protection related support to the field office:
- Monitoring of implementation of adapted and remote psycho-social support;
- Implementation of the wellbeing package to enhance the integrated approaches;
- Support provided to children working and living on the streets;
- Community engagement and social and behavioural change initiatives;
- Mainstream guidelines to ensure disabled individuals’ access to child protection and gender-based violence services;
- Support the role out of the child protection guidelines during COVID 19 produced by the sector and UNICEF at field level;
- Support in the response to the Beirut Blast by having daily contact with partners, UNICEF field staff and stakeholders;
- Support in the interagency physical assessment of spaces that could be used as isolation centres along with monitoring the operations inside it with UNICEF partners and field staff;
- Attend and support as need be the psycho-social support task force;
- Support the Beirut and Mount Lebanon child protection working group by attending its meetings, supporting in setting the agenda and follow up on action points with the sector lead;
- Contribute to the implementation of additional tasks undertaken by the section;
Bachelor’s in social work, psychology, international affairs or any related field.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 2 years of experience in child protection;
- At least 2 years of experience in program monitoring and evaluation;
- Ability to communicate and work within a team;
- Adequate knowledge of the child’s right convention, Law No. 422/2002 (Protection of Juveniles in Conflict with the Law and/or at Risk) and the SOPs in Lebanon;
- Experience in NGOs’ work;
- Experience in monitoring child protection psycho-social support programs.
Expected skills and behaviors:
- Experience in working with children and marginalized groups;
- Communication and coordination skills;
- Respect for ethnic and cultural differences and the ability to deal with various social groups;
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations;
- Experience in planning and organizing group activities along with monitoring it;
- Experience in dealing with partners and stakeholders including municipalities, SDCs and other local institutions;
- Compliance with UNICEF regulations and maintaining confidentiality of information;
- Willingness to work outside office hours when the need arises.
Other desired/mandatory required technical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written skills in Arabic and English; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Have affinity with or interest in Child Protection, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
1.Go to https://vmam.unv.org/
2.If not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool, please register your profile following below steps:
a. Click on “Candidate Signup”, enter your basic personal information and click “Sign Up”.
b. You will receive a notification e-mail to your registered e-mail
c. Click on the link in the e-mail to validate the e-mail address
d. Complete all the required sections under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
e. If you have more than one nationality, make sure to add Lebanon as your current nationality otherwise your application will not be considered for national UNV assignments
f. Click “Submit my profile”
g. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Child Protection Associate (LBNR000360) - click Apply then press "Submit my Application”.
3.If already registered in the UNV Talent Pool:
a. Update your profile under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
b. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Child Protection Associate (LBNR000360)”, click Apply then press "Submit my Application”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.