Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
Finance Manager is responsible for all finance related tasks within Bangladesh Country operation. S/he manage all finance team and ensure compliance with the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook. This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country operation. The role also contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead and manage the finance team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
• Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building of staff
- In close cooperation with Managers reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with guidelines of country’s regulations, DRC’s Operations Handbook, internal guidelines and donor requirements
- Support timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and HQ
- Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, levies and statutory returns
- Ensure financial briefings to relevant Manager including budget follow ups, variances in spending and budget monitoring status
- Ensure thorough and effective budgetary control in the country programs
- Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues for all programs in the country, including co-funding, financial reporting, key variances and any remedial action
- Ensure day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly cashbooks closing, advances’ reconciliation, timely submission of accounts to HQ finance desk
- Collecting cash forecasts from all Programme Managers and requesting funds in a timely manner
- Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay attention to shared support costs, including staff salaries
- Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and HQ
- Ensure monthly meetings are held with project managers to discuss key variances, reasons for these, and any remedial action that is required
- Prepare for local audits
- Contribute to the development of proposals with regards to budgeting in cooperation with Managers
- Ensure an ongoing, accurate both physical & digital data filing system for all Finance vouchers
DRC Dynamics (ERP system)
- Ensure DRC Dynamics (ERP System) is used to its full capacity
- Function as super user for finances business process and ensure country support is there for finance process
- Ensure proper localization of policies as per the DRC Dynamics system and Bangladesh local regulations are developed and implemented
- Apply reports and data analytics from DRC Dynamics to improve performance in the country
- Works closely with the HoSS to implement, improve and maintain financial management policies, systems, structures, and procedures
- Update the Job descriptions of finance department staff when required
- Proactively identify and act upon capacity Building needs of Finance staff providing training and other capacity-building where necessary to ensure that finance staff capacity is continuously developing
- Conduct on-the-job training for Budget Holders, guiding them through Budgeting, donor compliance and compliance to DRC handbook
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisor(s) in order to allow the organization to function optimally
- This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee
SKILL AND EXPERIENCES
• At least 5 years' experience in a senior financial management position
• At least 2 years' experience with people management
• Proven experience in managing large budgets
• Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
• Competence in providing technical guidance and training
• Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities
• Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, DANIDA, DFID and BPRM guidelines)
• Advanced proficiency in Excel as well as experience working in a financial IT system
• Full professional proficiency in English.
- University degrees (Bachelors or Masters)
- Certification of CA, ACCA or CPA will have advantage.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- English (Fluent)
- Preferred to have Bengali language skills
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: F1
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 3rd November 2020
- Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three (3) referees' details of your present and past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.