Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Chief Health and Nutrition, the National UN Youth Volunteer will:
- Assist the section in preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section;
- Manage the Chief diaries and organising meetings and appointments;
- Assist the section in arranging logistics for meetings and workshops;
- Support the Chief of section in typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor;
- Academic; Secondary degree supplemented with university courses related to public health, nutrition, or any other related field is desirable;
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) at the national and/or international level in administrative or clerical work experience is required. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
1.Go to https://vmam.unv.org/
2.If not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool, please register your profile following below steps:
a. Click on “Candidate Signup”, enter your basic personal information and click “Sign Up”.
b. You will receive a notification e-mail to your registered e-mail
c. Click on the link in the e-mail to validate the e-mail address
d. Complete all the required sections under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
e. If you have more than one nationality, make sure to add Lebanon as your current nationality otherwise your application will not be considered for national UNV assignments
f. Click “Submit my profile”
g. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Programme Assistant (LBNR000361) click Apply then press "Submit my Application”.
3.If already registered in the UNV Talent Pool:
a. Update your profile under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
b. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Programme Assistant (LBNR000361)”, click Apply then press "Submit my Application”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.