IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Information Technology Division (CSI) is responsible for all IT activities within the Organization. CSI performs on behalf of the Organization the following critical roles: defining FAO IT policies and providing strategic advice on IT architecture and standards, governance, policy and operational matters while monitoring organizational compliance; defining the mechanisms for managing FAO's information and data; protecting FAO's information assets and ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability; ensuring provision of IT services that are core for the Organization's global operations and supporting the information and business processes; coordinating organization-wide IT activities in order to reduce duplication and fragmentation and to increase integration of information data, systems and platforms, mobilizing IT resources from across the Organization; provide IT solutions to HQ and field offices as requested by the business units.
Under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Officer (Digital Solutions area), the consultant will act as senior System Analyst performing the following functions.
The System Analyst works for FAO’s IT Division (CSI) as part of an agile team, designing and building high quality Corporate solutions requested by the business owners.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute in business and data processes translating business requirements into technical tasks.
- Prepare, develop and discuss with business owners project proposals including costs and timeframe
- Contribute in designing and developing system prototypes and proofs of concept
- Review obsolete applications and prioritize modernization based on compliance (e.g. technology de-support deadlines).
- Define short-term approach and port legacy applications designed and developed with un-supported technologies (e.g. Adobe Flash technology) to sustainable technologies
- Coordinate the identification of long-term technical solutions (SaaS, PaaS, commercial tools or in-house development) for the re-design and implementation of legacy applications in close collaboration with business units and IT Division relevant teams.
- Modify/port applications to identified new technologies through development or migration to new platforms
- Participate in the supervision of internal resources and external consultants to ensure delivery as per agreed scope and timelines.
- Provide expert advice to Senior Users and End-Users in order to assure the best user experience related to the supported applications
- Contribute to the code optimization and performances monitoring of the corporate solutions
- Participate in user training sessions
- Ensure that the help material is up to date and in line with the organizational needs
- Prepare technical documentation as needed
- Perform other related duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree or relevant educational certification in Computer Science, IT Engineering, Professional Software Engineer or closely related discipline (for Consultants)
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian. (for PSA it can be only one language)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in system analysis and deployment of corporate solutions.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in the design and development of modern IT solutions
- Knowledge of design and implementation of corporate solutions including authorization mechanisms and integration.
- Experience in SaaS and PaaS solutions
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodology
- Relevant working experience in IT Web development and other mobile and software applications.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work.
- Knowledge of FAO rules and procedures will be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge in Web development languages and main development frameworks
Additional Selection Criteria
- Knowledge of Prince 2 project management principles
- Knowledge of modern WCMS tools
- Extent and relevance of experience in modern frontend development frameworks, such as React, Angular Vue.js,
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency