Content and backend support gamification platform Consultant
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women works closely with the Government of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to advance women’s national agenda, promoting women’s empowerment, women’s rights, and gender equality. The Government of Jordan ratified the Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) on 1 July 1992 with three reservations, one of which was removed in 2009 (Article 15/4 on ).1 Since its ratification, Jordan has submitted six reports to the CEDAW committee, with the most recent report submitted in 2015 and discussed by the Committee during its 66th Session held on 16 February 2017. Since the first CEDAW observations issued to the State Party in 2000, the Committee recommended that the Government of Jordan takes urgent measures to overcome stereotyped and discriminatory societal attitudes. Such recommendations have been reiterated in all consequent observations issued by the Committee, including in 2012, which was also endorsed in 2017, whereas the Committee urged the Government of Jordan “to put in place, without delay, a comprehensive strategy to modify or eliminate patriarchal attitudes and stereotypes that discriminate against women, in conformity with the provisions of the Convention”.
Against this background, UN Women will pilot a gamification platform to question gender stereotypes for changing attitudes about gender roles, drive wanted behaviours and promote critical thinking. Such a platform will be accompanied by a frequent monitoring mechanism aimed at assessing perception changes of pilot users. Games offer an alternative mechanism for learning, engagement and problem solving with multiple benefits. By breaking down barriers to engagement, they also serve to collect ideas and opinions from those from those who have been historically involved in development processes.
UN Women Jordan Country Office is seeking the services of a qualified consultant to support with the game backend management, including production and management of a content repository, both in Arabic and English, of features for the mini games and community pages. In addition, the consultant will support monitoring behavioral changes among the pilot users.
Duties and Responsibilities
Objectives of the assignment
The main objective of this consultancy is to support the online platform backend management. S/he will support UN Women team by establishing and managing a content repository for the platform; monitoring behavioral changes among pilot users; and by monitoring and managing users’ engagement in the community page.
Scope of Work/Duties and Responsibilities
Under overall guidance of the UN Women Programme Management Specialist and direct supervision of the Project Officer, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Establish and manage content repository for mini games, including quiz questions, words for wordsearch and pictures for picture puzzle mini-games, in addition to blog posts and events, in both Arabic and English;
- Support with the management of the gamification platform backend;
- Upload regularly blog posts and events in the community page;
- Administrate the community page and monitor users’ engagement
- Monitor all users’ engagement with the platform between January and February 2021;
- Work closely with UN Women team for the smooth functioning and implementation of the gamification platform.
Submit content package for the online platform, including quiz questions, words for wordsearch, and pictures for picture puzzle mini-games, on a weekly basis
Submit content package for the community page, including blog articles and events, on a monthly basis
Final report on users’ engagement
All the documents, including quiz questions, wordsearch, and blog articles should be delivered in both English and Arabic.
Performance and evaluation:
Contractor’s performance will be evaluated based on: timeliness, responsibility, initiative, communication, accuracy, and quality of the products delivered.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies : https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
Required Skills and Experience
- University studies in a relevant field of study, which includes: communications, media, gender studies, social science, or other relevant subject is required.
Experience and skills:
- Proven expertise on of gender equality;
- Previous experience in youth engagement and/or initiatives is an asset;
- Previous experience working on social media and/or online platforms desirable;
- Excellent written skills in English and Arabic is required.
Fees and Scheduled payment:
The position will be remunerated based on a monthly rate.
The successful candidate will receive his/her payment based on satisfactory deliverable and a time sheet duly approved by the UNWOMEN Country Representative.
Duration of the assignment
The total duration of the contract assignment will be 03 months.
Submission of application
Interested candidates are requested to submit electronic application not later than 30 October 2020.
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from P11 form. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
- Letter of Interest containing the statement on candidate’s experience in the field of recruitment
- Financial proposal. The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount breaking down a daily professional fee.
- Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be evaluated based on the Cumulative analysis.
- Technical Qualification (100 points) weight; [70%]
- Financial Proposal (100 points) weight; [30%]
A two-stage procedure is utilised in evaluating the proposals, with evaluation of the technical proposal being completed prior to any price proposal being compared. Only the price proposal of the candidates who passed the minimum technical score of 70% of the obtainable score of 100 points in the technical qualification evaluation will be evaluated.
Technical qualification evaluation criteria:
The total number of points allocated for the technical qualification component is 100. The technical qualification of the individual is evaluated based on following technical qualification evaluation criteria:
Technical Evaluation Criteria
Experience and skills
Total Obtainable Score
Only the candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% of total points will be considered as technically-qualified candidate.
Financial/Price Proposal evaluation:
- Only the financial proposal of candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation will be considered and evaluated.
- The total number of points allocated for the price component is 100.
- The maximum number of points will be allotted to the lowest price proposal that is opened/ evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation. All other price proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.