Associate Administrative Officer
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure that rules and regulations governing the utilization of UNHCR accommodation and office facilities are adhered to; also ensuring recoveries by different users and provide
- Provide guidance to travel administrators, and monitors the TA s &TC clearances and compliance with the Travel policy.
- Preparation of estimates, forecasting office materials, supplies and furniture needs and preparing recurring administrative reports.
- Participate in the preparation of memoranda of understanding, service contract local purchase orders and requisitions for the office.
- Assist in the preparation of regular office administrative budget and annual procurement plan.
- Assist with arranging of hospitality for events; conferences, group seminars, meetings and donor missions.
- Manage reservations for the conference room and accommodation facilities.
- Supervise maintenance staff (NUNVs) and provide overall guidance to cleaning and housekeeping staff.
- Advise newly recruited personnel on general premises management regulations and policies
- Undertake other duties as required
Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, Logistics, Mathematics or a related field.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
A minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in the field of Administration, logistics, formal training in Logistics desirable.Language skills:
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Sound knowledge of Microsoft applications including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Knowledge or experience in Enterprise Resources Planning system (ERP) would be an advantage.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 28-10-2020