Logistics Associate SSA
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office, direct supervision by Supply Chain/Logistics Officer, the Logistics Associate - Operations will be responsible for the following:
Technical planning and monitoring of Logistics operations
- To provide support in the design of the Logistics network from WFP warehouse to all Final Distribution Points (FDPs). In liaison with stakeholders on the ground, together design an ideal Logistics model for WFP that will present facts and figures to inform Country Office (CO) decision making.
- To provide support to the design of the trainings to be provided to Cooperting Partners (CPs) and WFP-contrracted Transporters.
- To work closely with the CO Monitoring and Evaluation team, ensure that all CO and Logistics KPIs are adhered to by all engaged CPs and Transporters.
- Monitor the conformity of the field works (trainings, field visits, meeting, etc) with the standards of WFP, and as per the agreed activity planned as stipulated in contracts and FLAs.
- To support in the technical evaluation of the Logistics systems (using contracted Transporters and using CPs), give a detailed analysis of an efficient system to be used by WFP.
- In liaison with colleagues at the WFP warehouse, CO and engaged CPs, ensure timely deliveries of commodities to all FDPs.
- Identify/reasesses and prioritize key logistics bottlenecks and gaps imending delivery of essential assistance by the humanitarian community.
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following WFP Logistics standard processes and facilitating directly or indirectly the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Establish reports based on logistics movements and distribute them according to requirments.
- Manage logistics operations including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of WFP cargoes.
- Define and implement exit strategy, including equipment evaluation and subsequent recommendation for maintaining equipment at the CO or transferring to counterparts or transferring to other operations / global reserve. In terms of latter, coordinate demobilization / hand-over at project completion.
- Manage CO Field Level Agreements (FLAs) with CPs ensuring that CPs adhere to the agreement between CPs and WFP and monitor if all FLA Logistics component is adhered to.
- Liaise with Contracted Transporters to ensure timely cargo uplift as per loading instructions.
- Work closely with Programme and colleaues at the warehouse to ensure efficient pipeline information is shared informing CO management on possible pipeline breaks.
- Contribute to the CO Budgeting Programming Officer (BPO) and food procurement based on needs on the ground as discussed and greed with HoP.
- Participate in all stakeholder meetings related to the crisis-response implementation by the CO.
Support humanitarian activities of WFP
- Support the emergency interventions of the organiztion as per the employee's abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals.
Any other related business.
Education: A Diploma in Economics or Logistics or Supply Chain or any related field.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Siswati language.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Display aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the perfomance and sustainability of current networks.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt||Supports the planning, forecasting and resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Collates accurate and timely information to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordinationwith key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respectingindividual mandates and programme priorities.|
- Five years experience in Logistics and Logistics related operations.
- Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
- Experience in compiling contract documentation.
- Experience in contract execution.
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting
- This is a local position for Swazi nationals only.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- WFP does not charge any fees from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Deadline for recieving applications, 30 October 2020