Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
The National UN Volunteer, under the direct supervision and guidance of the Accelerator Lab team will undertake the following tasks:
- Research and identify entry-points related to emerging development trends, data, technologies and issues; and mapping their impacts on the economy, environment, and society;
- Support the Acc-Lab in the design of specific field research and participatory methods to identify entry points;
- Identify and support the mapping, assessessment and testing of local solutions for challenges faced by the communities;
- Support the design of portfolio of experiments to validate the hypotheses and test the effectiveness of identified solutions;
- Support the generation of knowledge products capturing of results and learning from the experiments for rapid reflection and adaptation;
- Identify and engage with stakeholders and non-traditional partners pertaining with the portfolios (local start-ups, innovators, entrepreneurs, universities) to maintain stakeholder relationships.
- Provide other support as required.
Furthermore, participants in the Talent Programme are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge on the SDGs and the United Nations Development System
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNDP and UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Sociology, International Development, Business, Social Sciences, Engineering or related field;
- Master degree or enrolled in a Masters programme in the above areas is welcomed.
- Professional working experience of over 2 years;
- Experience designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analysis;
- Experience in building partnerships, working in participatory methods and engaging diverse stakeholders such as civil society, academia, private and public sector; and
- Experience in innovative approaches / entrepreneurship activities in Pakistan.
- Experience in development programming or policy development;
- Experience in approaches such as ethnography and behavioral insights, design-thinking;
- Experience working on social entrepreneurship, inclusive business models, innovative products and services, incubation, etc.; and
- Experience identifying gaps and opportunities in the innovation ecosystem in Pakistan.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Strong communication (verbal and written) with diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively in a team;
- Thinking out of the box, and coming up with creative non-conventional ideas;
- Adaptability to a multicultural environment, respecting diverse backgrounds and points of view; and
- Openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of Pakistan and legal residents of Pakistan with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 1-11-2020