National tourism expert to develop programmatic fiches for the Blue Economy Programme
Duties and Responsibilities
Following the development of a programmatic approach for the national Blue Economy Programme (BEP), that will support the national maritime sector planning for a mid-term objective. The national tourism expert will work under the guidance of the Project Implementation Unit in UNDP to develop the programme fiches based on the four outlined components described above
The fiches will be developed following a participatory approach and in consultation and cooperation with the Prime Ministry Office of Development Programmes and Cooperation, and will provide for programmatic fiches following the EU IPA, WBIF guidelines on project identification forms, that will include the following but not limited to:
50%- 30 December 2020- Provide technical input to the programmatic fiches to be sent out for inputs from line ministries.
50%- 31 March 2021- Final programmatic fiches developed, reflecting stakeholder comments.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Communication - Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication.
- Planning & Organizing – Develops clear goals in line with agreed strategies, identifies priorities, foresees risks and makes allowances accordingly.
- Organizational Awareness - Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Teamwork - Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of all responsibilities and delivers outputs in accordance with agreed time, cost and quality standards
- Thorough understanding of disability issues, human rights, social inclusion and social services
- Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills, networking attitude;
- Capacity to deliver as per deadlines;
- Ability to pick up new terminology and concepts easily.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in socio-economic studies, business administration, marketing, tourism, eco-tourism and related fields;
- 7 years of relevant professional experience with proven expert knowledge in the field of
Marketing, Tourism, eco-tourism or relevant.
- Knowledge of the Albanian policies related to the tourism and environment sector
- Previous expertise in project, consultancies with international agencies, or relevant is an advantage.
- Familiarity with key beneficiary institutions is an advantage;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Albanian.
UNDP applies a fair and transparent selection process that would consider both the technical qualification of Individual Consultants as well as their financial proposals. The contract will be awarded to the candidate whose offer:
- Is deemed technically responsive / compliant / acceptable (only technically responsive applications / candidates will be considered for the financial evaluation)
- And has obtained the highest combined technical and financial scores.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation – max points: 70
Criteria A: 20%- Education Background
Criteria B: 30%- Related work experience
Criteria C: 20%- Knowledge of the Albanian policies related to the tourism and environment sector;
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation – max 30 points
Candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% (49 points) of the maximum obtainable points for the technical criteria (70 points) shall be considered for the financial evaluation.
The application should contain:
- Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position. Please paste the letter into the "Resume and Motivation" section of the electronic application.
- Latest personal Curriculum Vitae (CV) including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees, including past experience from similar projects or completed and signed UN Personal History Form (P11) for Service Contracts (SC) and Individual Contracts (IC) – Blank form Download here.
- Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability-please fill in the attached form... www.un.org.al/sites/default/files/IC_Offerors%20Letter%20to%20UNDP%20Confirming%20Interest%20and%20Availability.docx
- Financial Proposal in ALL - specifying a total lump sum in Albanian Lekhttp://www.un.org.al/doc/Financial%20Offer%20template.doc (The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount, and payment terms around specific and measurable -qualitative and quantitative- deliverables . Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR. In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal will include a breakdown of this lump sum amount-including travel, per diems, and number of anticipated working days).- Please note that with regard to travel component you may provide an average estimated travel cost for one circuit with and without accommodation.
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport.
* Kindly note that Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability and Financial Proposal are two separate documents and should both be part of your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How to Submit the Application:
To submit your application online, please follow the steps below:
- Merge your CV or P11, Financial Proposal Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability and cover letter into a single file. The system does not allow for more than one attachment to be uploaded;
- Click on the Job Title (job vacancy announcement);
- Click “Apply Now” button, fill in necessary information on the first page, and then click “Submit Application;”
- Upload your application/single file as indicated above with the merged documents (underlined above);
- You will receive an automatic response to your email confirming receipt of your application by the system.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Due to a large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process