Head of Programmes
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Programmes*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kathmandu, Nepal.
As Head of Programmes you will support the development, implementation and monitoring of the multiannual country programme in Nepal. You will maximise the impact of Welthungerhilfe on the basis of Welthungerhilfe’s strategy and quality standards. The Nepal programme includes four thematic areas: Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security, Right to Food and Empowerment, Disaster Risk Reduction and WASH.
- Coordinate the country programme and strategy development in close coordination with the Country Director
- Responsible for quality assurance and ensuring compliance with Welthungerhilfe’s quality standards and donor regulations
- Plan and develop new projects/programmes while ensuring feasibility, sustainability and exit strategies and lead write-up of concept notes and donor proposals
- Responsible for a team of programme managers and ensuring a smooth exchange of information between the programme team and our partners
- Preparation of the cost and financing plan as well as monitoring the budget
- Ensure the further development of the MEAL system and implement MEAL standards in the country programme
- Further develop partnership cooperation and ensure active collaboration with partner organizations
- Support the implementation of an emergency preparedness plan and the in-country emergency response as necessary
- Further develop the fundraising strategy of the Nepal Country Office
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-à-vis other national, international, governmental and non-governmental bodies as well as relief and development organisations and participate in coordination committees with other relevant organisations in agreement with the Country Director
- A univsersity degree in Agriculture, Nutrition or an equivalent degree related to the position
- At least 5 years of relevant working and leadership experience in a similar position within an INGO
- Regional work experience would be a great asset
- Sound experience in project cycle management, MEAL and programme coordination
- Strong technical expertise in food and nutrition security
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills with a proven ability to secure complex donor funding
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skills
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and writtten English skills and preferably advanced German language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 1, 2020. Your contact person is Ina Stepka.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.