UI/UX Front-End Developer
Organization & Background
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The Web Developer must be self-motivated and able to combine the art of design and programming and will work as the UI/UX designer. As the UI/UX designer, the Front-End Developer will bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation and will have an active role on both sides of development. The Web Developer will define how applications look as well as how they work.
Description of Duties
- Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Primary responsibilities of the position include business application support, systems analysis and design and programming;
- The developer performs application development, maintenance, administration of security, information reporting, customer analysis and other duties related to program analysis and development;
- Work closely with other developers, product engineers, and visual designers to build a compelling, responsive, and scalable user experience;
- Turning UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating excellent interactions from designs, writing reusable content modules and maintainability of the code;
- Implement UI development principles to ensure that the product client-side serves at scale;
- Review and optimize the app usage by monitoring key metrics and rectifying the issues proactively;
- Follow web development industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models;
- Help drive the REST API design, required for integrating the web application with the back end web services;
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and bring in optimal flow for rapidly changing design/ technology;
- Unit testing is expected, and some components may be initially driven using mocked data.
Participate to working sessions and team meetings to review and familiarize with the data processing and methodology for each indicator;
Prepare the web application UI prototype, user and functional requirements and the work plan;
Prepare technical document and summary report including next steps and recommendations;
Perform other duties as requested
Technical skills set
- Essential Technical Skills:
- Familiar with UI layouts, SASS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system;
- One or more years of professional work experience in PHP/Laravel web programming, including inter-connectivity with external databases;
- Experience with build system such as Grunt, Webpack and etc;
- Experience with GitHub or related source code version management systems;
- Experience with AJAX, JSON, REST;
- Experience with databases such as mysql, postgresql, and mongo db;
- Experience with Data Visualization Tool such as D3.js, amcharts and etc.
Other Technical Skills:
Experience using REST and web service endpoints to create secure web applications;
Experience writing tests for testing web applications
Knowledge of ArcGIS/QGIS or other mapping software is an advantage
- Other Technical Skills:
- Advance University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines;
- 5 years of relevant work experience as a web developer, UI developer or front-end developer;
- A team player and ability to communicate in English
- Cultural and Gender awareness and sensitivity
- Flexibility and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Technical facilities available to carry out above tasks
- Attention to detail
Please apply through iMMAP Careers: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/106
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.